What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store game search

iamnamja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Its my first post on this forum... I JUST got my iPad 2 like a week ago... And I've been trying to find if there is a solution to this for over a week...

Anyways, I was hoping you guys would be able to help me.
So, in my iPhone, I can browse through the games by genre.. e.g. Action, Simulation, etc...

I can't seem to find this ANYWHERE :confused: on the iPad appstore! Is this not a possible search option? Or am I just blind in not being able to find this? I would like to go to games, then to say simulation or sports and browse the latest, and also the most popular games in just THAT genre!

So... If you have any suggestions.. PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

Reaction score
When in the AppStore in the Search tab, enter a Category (Games), than the Subcategory for the different types of games will appear.

It isn't ideal and will only do half of what you want, but I know of no other way of sorting the AppStore.

Last edited:

baffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, stupid question from me. How do I enter search tab without first searching on something ? Tks Baffe

Gamer23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the MindJolt games app. You will be able to find a variety of games in different categories there.

Here is a list of all games on top of the list.

baffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but no thanks :)

I really want thismto work in AppStore instead, so my question is still not answered

Also mindset is a iPhone app, still works in iPad but not very good

Tks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into apps store, then type in the search box "games", then it will bring up a screen where you select what options you like, categories, rating, paid/free, iPhone/iPad. This is the easiest way I've seen to do this. You can also do this for any category, just type the word of the category you want in the search box ie; Entertainment, Music, etc. and filter from there. Hope this hepls?

baffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, exactly what I looked for. Stupid I didn't found out about this myself.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts