What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 no sound

colleyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No longer have sound from apps. Have adjusted volume levels within apps. Powered iPad off and back on. Volume on upper, right of iPad is all the way up. Have explored Sounds within Settings but no luck. Recently updated to v. 5.0 but feel like a setting has been changed rather than a glitch with the update. Any suggestions appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Colleyl - welcome to the forum! :)

Let me make one simple check which may not help? But check the 'slde switch' in the the right upper corner of the iPad (just above the toggle volume switch) - this is defaulted to set sound on or off, and can be accidentally switched to the OFF position - there are some other considerations - but please post back if this suggestion corrects your situation!

TravelingRae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me make one simple check which may not help? But check the 'slde switch' in the the right upper corner of the iPad (just above the toggle volume switch) - this is defaulted to set sound on or off, and can be accidentally switched to the OFF position - there are some other considerations - but please post back if this suggestion corrects your situation!

I had to join the forum just to thank you for your answer! I had sound in my iPad for video and music, but not in apps. It would never have occurred to me that the slider next to the sound button was to activate sound in apps. I was told I had a bad OS update or that my apps were corrupt, etc. Thank you not only providing the solution but also not treating the poster like an idiot.

Cheers!

Rae

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had to join the forum just to thank you for your answer! I had sound in my iPad for video and music, but not in apps. It would never have occurred to me that the slider next to the sound button was to activate sound in apps. I was told I had a bad OS update or that my apps were corrupt, etc. Thank you not only providing the solution but also not treating the poster like an idiot.

Cheers!

Rae

Hi Rae - thanks a lot and glad that my suggestion helped! Yes that switch apparently mutes 'most' sounds other than audio & videos that are playing - Dave :)

smily10990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,I need help cuz I also had sounds problem in my ipad2.Everytime I took a video on my iPad there is no sounds but noise in the background..I did all the trick in the forum.I can hear my music and music video.
And one more thing I do FaceTime with my friend i can hear her but she couldn't hear me..
Is anyone know what's the problem?

Most reactions

Latest posts