iPad 2 sound issues

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Help and Info' started by Wendyeaux, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Wendyeaux

Wendyeaux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Recently, my iPad 2 started having issues with the sound, it may play in YouTube but not in videos from FB, or from Pandora but not Netflix, one day ALL apps are w/o sound, another day just some of them, sometimes in the middle of listening to a song or video it will stop....I've rebooted, reset switches, freed up memory, stuck out my tongue....there's no "logic" to when it WILL or WON'T work....the only consistent aspect I notice is when it IS working is when I adjust the volume with the side switch it opens the small volume window, and when it is not working adjusting the volume up and down does not open a window.....rebooting works sometimes, sometimes not, changing the mute control sometimes works, sometimes not...it dumbfounding.

2. eddieg

eddieg
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Try a hard reset.

3. Wendyeaux

Wendyeaux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes a hard reset, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....I can hard reset it two or three times a day and maybe the sound will come back but it will quit working again in a matter of no time.... This is an on going problem, hard resenting constantly can't be THE solution but thank you.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I'm doubt it will work, but you can try going to Settings > General > Reset and choosing Reset All Settings. This won't delete anything, but it will default many settings.

The only other things I can think off are to make sure you haven't turned on some mode of Do Not Disturb in Settings, or to do a clean restore.

If none of that works you're probably looking at a hardware issue.