1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad 2 ATT in Germany or in general in Europe

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by choubinator, Mar 7, 2012.

1. choubinator

choubinator iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi everybody

i have an ipad 2 64GB ATT that ibought 7 months ago. I am going to upgrade to ipad 3 (HD) soon. I would like to give this ipad to my family in Germany. O2 company offered iphone and ipad in Germany.

My question to all of you is: (if anybody knows)
    would the ipad 2 work in Germany if somebody had it in Germany and want to use the service provided by O2 ?
    i know from experience that when i travel to Germany, my iphone automatically picks up the service that is offered there with iphone, Vodaphone or O2. I have heard that ipad 2 is unlocked. is that correct ?

any answers would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,000 / 0
    Hi chou...From what I have read here from other members-you shouldn't have a problem with using it in Germany. See this link. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-carriers/18991-using-ipad-germany-o2.html

S
    ee if that helps you any, if not-let us know. I am not certain what you mean by "unlocked?" All ipad locked when purchased-in other words it is a stock device. Unless you have performed a jail break to your ipad would it be unlocked. Apologies forward if I misunderstood what you meant.

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain topics including: General Discussion of the iPad, iPad Operating System, iPad App Store, Accessories, and Ipad for Business and Education.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country. See here:Regional iPad Groups

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world.
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Also, iBooks has the iOS 5 user manual here, which is nice to have in your library,iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please take the time to read the Forum Rules:
    Forum rules - everybody please read!!

Best Wishes and Enjoy!
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  3. Kricke

Kricke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I agree, your family shouldn't have a problem. As far as I know - at least here in Germany - iPads are not locked. If this is the case in other countries as well, then every iPad can be used with every provider worldwide. As long as there is a micro sim card from your desired provider.

Hope this helps.

Knut
  4. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,000 / 0
    Thanks, Knut for your assistance with the OP! :)
  5. Snehulak14

Snehulak14 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there,
    I visit Czech Republic with my iPad2. I obtain micro sim card from O2, and it was awesome. They have a great coverage and it is much cheaper then here in Canada. You shouldn't have any problem in Germany.