What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will an ipad 2 3g bought in Germany work in China?

sarahlee_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 questions really:

1) At the moment the ipad 2 3g isnt available in China so I'm looking to buy it from Germany. Would the 3g work in China or would I be spending money on technology that I essentially wouldnt be able to use?

2) As it's being bought in Germany can I change the language into English so that all programs / apps / keyboards and everything else I install will be in English?

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whether the iPad 3G will work in China depends upon where you'll be located.

Here are the Chinese GSM operators, their coverage maps etc.

GSM Coverage Maps | China, Peoples Rep of

It's not a problem to change the keyboard etc from German to English - it's in the 'Settings', 'General', 'Keyboard', 'International Keyboard' section, where you can set it to a wide variety of keyboards - including Chinese!!

Tim

OP
S

sarahlee_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.

Actually just found on another thread that the 3G version might be available here, so might not be a problem after all.

Most reactions

Latest posts