What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 and iOS 9

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mostly I like it save for one really bad feature, (glitch?) when deleting your search history. Instead of just clearing the days history it's wiping all cookies and data without even having an option for just deleting your search history. I'm having to sign back in numerous times and constantly reset my Bing perimeters. Just go to delete your history and you'll see it.

Yeah, I used to use that feature to clear Safari history in iOS 8, which left my cookies and data intact. This feature now clears everything, including cookies and data, in iOS 9. It took me a few instances to figure that out.
This feature was added just before the public release of iOS 9. It certainly wasn't there during the various beta releases.

maggie32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish iOS 9 had gone as smoothly in UK lots of issues here with slow loading and some apps freezing

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious if there is any feedback from users on how iOS 9 is working with the iPad 2?
I have an older iPad. The update went fine. It basically works. But it's so slow you might say it's not working. When I swipe to sign in, it takes a long time before the keypad comes up. When I key in the pin, it's long after I key all 4 digits that they start to appear on the screen. It continues to operate like that for all uses.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an older iPad. The update went fine. It basically works. But it's so slow you might say it's not working. When I swipe to sign in, it takes a long time before the keypad comes up. When I key in the pin, it's long after I key all 4 digits that they start to appear on the screen. It continues to operate like that for all uses.
The software needs some time to adjust, at least a few hours. Usually your iPad will work better after one or two days.

Perform a reset, if you haven't done so yet. This won't remove data or change settings, it might help a bit with your iPad's performance. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

If you updated over the air (Settings - General - Software Update), restoring via iTunes might help as well. This will remove everything from your device completely and install a fresh version of the new software. Make sure you have a most rcent backup to restore from afterwards.

Another reset might be useful after restoring.

Hope that helps.

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The software needs some time to adjust, at least a few hours. Usually your iPad will work better after one or two days.

Perform a reset, if you haven't done so yet. This won't remove data or change settings, it might help a bit with your iPad's performance. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

If you updated over the air (Settings - General - Software Update), restoring via iTunes might help as well. This will remove everything from your device completely and install a fresh version of the new software. Make sure you have a most rcent backup to restore from afterwards.

Another reset might be useful after restoring.

Hope that helps.
Hating to sound stupid, but need to ask since I haven't updated yet. How does one use ITunes to update anything or to restore anything should that need arise? I opened the iTunes app and couldn't find anything pertaining IOS 9.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

ipad2user999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious if there is any feedback from users on how iOS 9 is working with the iPad 2?
With me iOS8 worked good on my ipad2.
iOS9 is a disaster: regular crashes of basic programs like e-mail and slow reaction. I wait with installing iOS9 on other devices.

Does anyone know if a fresh reinstall helps?
Or should I return to iOS8 and if yes, how.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS 9.01 is out. It might help.

If you are having serious problems and used the OTA (Over The Air) update method it is recommended that you do the update again using iTunes and a computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is hope.

iPad 2's did not work very well with the early versions of iOS 8 either, and the volume of complaints were far higher, and more vitriolic, than we've had so far with iOS 9.

It performance improved step by step with each point update. You're likely to see the same thing happen with iOS 9. Or so we can hope.

But remember, the iPad 2 is one year older, and one year further behind than it was last year; and it was pretty far behind then. These devices are about as close to dead tech as you can get and still have updates.

I'll be shocked if iOS 9 is not the last version to support them. Then again, I said much the same last year (only I used surprised instead of shocked). So I could be mistaken.

Most reactions