What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 9 Instillation

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can install iOS 9 without upgrading to iOS 8 before. However, I would highly recommend you do it via iTunes (if there is an option). That' due a big jump for over-the-air.

Do make a backup first.

You should be fine, but holler back if you need more assistance.

Marilyn

maggie32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can install iOS 9 without upgrading to iOS 8 before. However, I would highly recommend you do it via iTunes (if there is an option). That' due a big jump for over-the-air.

Do make a backup first.

You should be fine, but holler back if you need more assistance.

Marilyn
I am having trouble with hay day after installing IOS9 it seems so are a lot of others as well any tips please and how to go back to version 8?

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Their is a fair chance if hay day hasn't come out with an app update already, they soon will. That might fix any IOS 9 specific app related issues.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am having trouble with hay day after installing IOS9 it seems so are a lot of others as well any tips please and how to go back to version 8?

Is that the freezing when connecting to Gamecenter? I remember it did that some time back on a previous iOS version, and an app update ironed it out.

maggie32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's mostly hay day but I keep getting a message on other sites saying a problem occurred loading this page and it is being reloaded. Always had a problem with Game Center so don't bother with it that much. It seems a lot of Apple iPhone and iPad users are seeing lots of problems since IOS 9 update. Wish I'd never bothered installing it!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's mostly hay day but I keep getting a message on other sites saying a problem occurred loading this page and it is being reloaded. Always had a problem with Game Center so don't bother with it that much. It seems a lot of Apple iPhone and iPad users are seeing lots of problems since IOS 9 update. Wish I'd never bothered installing it!

Which iPad are you using?

maggie32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's iPad 2 i have had to reload this page lots of times to reply to you!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's iPad 2 i have had to reload this page lots of times to reply to you!
Try resetting your device, if you haven't done so after the update: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both, your iPad will power up on it's own.

The software will need some time to settle in. Wait for a few hours, maybe the behaviour improves.

If it doesn't, backup your device (iTunes or iCloud), and restore it using iTunes. Reset your iPad again afterwards.

If you wish to revert to iOS 8.4.1, you'll need to download the .ipsw-file and install the software manually on your iPad. This is possible as long as Apple still signs the software. At this moment, it is still an option. Nobody knows when Apple will stop signing iOS 8.4.1. If you intend to revert, you'll have to do this as soon as possible.

Hope that helps.

maggie32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still having problems I would have thought 24 hours was long enough for things to stabilise

maggie32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its really frustrating and so many people have had problems it makes you want to leave Apple. They ought to release a bug fix now

Most reactions

Latest posts