What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 and Hyperhidrosis?

MaxColin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suffer from hyperhidrosis, which in straigh english means excessive sweating, in my case from hands and fingers. This gets worse in the summer. And some of my friends have told me that after a gym class, while sweating from their fingers, they managed to damage an iPhone for some design reason. I'm wondering if this could also happen with an iPad 2.

By the way; I never used a screen protector, but do you think it's worth the trouble to buy one?

Also, I'm only talking about damage to the iPad2 and not how unconfortable it can get to play on it, as I'm only going to use it to read :)

Thanks for your kind help.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Max-yes, I a familiar with hyperhidrosis within the medical field. I would be concerned about handling your iPad with the excessive moisture produced on your hands and fingers. Have you considered using a some sort or protective covering for your device? Also may want to look into using a stylus for contact with the screen. I would be concerned about how your iPad would respond turning pages having this excess moisture on your hands.

I do not have this condition, but when playing golf in the summer-it can become a problem for me. I have used Anti-perspiration spray, however, this may not be recommended to you due to the screen coating on the iPad.

I am going to move this to the Health Section of this Forum where other members may be experiencing this issue.

OP
M

MaxColin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Max-yes, I a familiar with hyperhidrosis within the medical field. I would be concerned about handling your iPad with the excessive moisture produced on your hands and fingers. Have you considered using a some sort or protective covering for your device? Also may want to look into using a stylus for contact with the screen. I would be concerned about how your iPad would respond turning pages having this excess moisture on your hands.

I do not have this condition, but when playing golf in the summer-it can become a problem for me. I have used Anti-perspiration spray, however, this may not be recommended to you due to the screen coating on the iPad.

I am going to move this to the Health Section of this Forum where other members may be experiencing this issue.

I'm going to buy a stylos then :) thank you for your answering.

Also, thank you for moving this to Health Section, so that I can share a few things I've learned about this issue without getting off-topic:
For anyone suffering from this, you may want to search for "32 little known ways to reduce sweat" on google. It has great tips there that actually worked for me. The only problem is that you need to have self-discipline to go through them.

I've heard that there is a self-hipnosis avaliable. I haven't heard it but I've been studied NLP and hipnosis for a while; enough to know how many good it can bring. So, if you are willing to pay for it, go ahead.
Meditation and yoga can help too, but again, you need self-discipline to mantain those habits...

Thanks again Skim :)
Any other tips would be fine.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Max...there has also been evidence to suggest that other forms of therapy, such as Physical Therapy could help reduce these symptoms as well. I tend to gear towards both traditional treatment as well as holistic approaches for many things.

Thank you for the tips. This certainly will help others find some solution to this very common condition. :)

Please let us know how you get along with all your add-ons to to your iPad!

Skimonkey
iPad Forum Moderator Staff

Most reactions

Latest posts