What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best way to clean my ipad 2 screen/screen protector?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a screen protector on my ipad 2 and it has some finger smudges on it.

I want to clean it, but I don't want to damage the protector or my ipad at all, and I also don't want to risk the screen protector coming loose.

What is the best way to clean it?

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I my self went to my local walmart or electronic store and bought a bottle of plasma/LCD cleaner in the t.v. Area and they come with a cleaning rag. Just spray the rag with a little bit and it is enough to clean my iPad and iPhone.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
I have a screen protector on my ipad 2 and it has some finger smudges on it.

I want to clean it, but I don't want to damage the protector or my ipad at all, and I also don't want to risk the screen protector coming loose.

What is the best way to clean it?

I just use a micro fibre cloth on mine. I have to say the screen protector is harder to clean than the makers screen & seems to attract more fingerprints!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that I have seen an Apple guideline that anything containing alcohol should be avoided. I use a set of cloth cleaners from iKlear that are excellent.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that I have seen an Apple guideline that anything containing alcohol should be avoided. I use a set of cloth cleaners from iKlear that are excellent.

If they say that then I say bull pucky. The best thing to use with electronic instruments is alcohol, and the higher the percentage the better.

What I use are simply with Wiss Eye Glass Cleaner towels. They are pre moistened (alcohol) and do a great job of cleaning your screen. Walmart in the eye department, I think 3.00 for a box of 50.

darrenw5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protection?

Hi all,

I've got a folding cover (like a book) but was wondering if ppl also would recommend a screen protector and does it affect the look and operation?

Look forward to your replies.

Darren

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a folding cover (like a book) but was wondering if ppl also would recommend a screen protector and does it affect the look and operation?

Look forward to your replies.

Darren

I also have a folding cover like a book, but I still use a screen protector. Mine works flawlessly. You honestly can't even tell it's there. If you are interested in the one I got, you can find it on Amazon under the name SGP iPad 2 3G Wifi Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Crystal].

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This from Apple:
How to clean Apple products

Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe iPad’s screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and may scratch your screen.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
idave23 said:

That's the piece I saw. I remembered the alcohol because I had used some soft paper for my glasses a few times and they contained alcohol. When I looked it up and saw this, which is what I had suspected, I went with the iKlear cloths which have a sponginess that opens up a bit when pressed into the screen. They remove the dirt far more effectively than the ones I have used in the past.

When I was using mostly my fingers to manipulate the screen, I found that I was having to wipe it down fairly often. This is one of the reasons that I like styli, I don't need to clean the screen nearly as often and risk scratches.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts