What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7 and Words With Friends

jimsuz2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded iOS7 onto my iPad 3. My paid version of WWF game won't rotate but everything else will. What can I do?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you gone to check to see if your WWF game had a recent update to optimize for ios 7? Most apps have, so have a look at that.

Also, sometimes powering off your ipad can clear some of these kinks from an update. In addition, if that doesn't help--a reset of your ipad is also a good move to do in these instances. To reset, simply press the Wake/Sleep button and the home button at the same time until the screen turns off. Then power back on and see if it helps.

Ski

OP
J

jimsuz2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. There is no update yet but I have had several others. I reset it, no change.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If everything else rotates, meaning other apps, have you tried to check the game app setting itself to see if it is locked?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, how would I do that?

Some apps do have their own settings.....I have the paid version also, and this one doesn't have settings for this. It appears a little flaky right now, so the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Developer and let them know what you are experiencing. All apps will need to be updated to run on the new OS and even then some just don't get it right the first time and then need to be updated again. This is a teething period we will go through with certain apps.

If you want to play the game in a certain way, portrait or landscape.....close the game out and then open it in the orientation you want. It is working although if you try to turn it again it will go funky again. For portrait mode, to get to the leader board you just tap the Games icon, top left, to get back to the game, tap the game side of the board.

Hope this helps until they do get it sorted.

OP
J

jimsuz2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't find any settings either. Hopefully they will get updated soon. Thank you for your help and SkiMonkey also.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any settings either. Hopefully they will get updated soon. Thank you for your help and SkiMonkey also.

You're welcome, sorry though we couldn't help you more though.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

You're very welcome! I also hope they get it sorted soon, it's very annoying!

Lucky for me I have another iPad which I haven't updated! ;)

seasider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have this problem. Not the end of the world but annoying.
Is the update a Zynga one?

Where can I find it?

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I too have this problem. Not the end of the world but annoying.
Is the update a Zynga one?

Where can I find it?

Thanks

It's available at the AppStore. It should have an "Update" button next to it on your Updates tab (if you have it installed). If you don't have it installed, the updated version will be the one loaded should you choose to download it to your iPad.

Marilyn

seasider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's available at the AppStore. It should have an "Update" button next to it on your Updates tab (if you have it installed). If you don't have it installed, the updated version will be the one loaded should you choose to download it to your iPad.

Marilyn

Thank you very much.

I have just found it and updated.

Great stuff.

Most reactions

Latest posts