What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7 and Words With Friends

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine still won't work. I keep getting an annoying pop up telling me to sign into iTunes which I'm already signed in. The pop up won't go away and the game is frozen in crooked portrait mode. I've had to revert to my phone to keep up with my players. Way to many other issues with this update. To long to list. The real problem is my ipad used to be so smooth and sweet. Those days are gone. :(

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine still won't work. I keep getting an annoying pop up telling me to sign into iTunes which I'm already signed in. The pop up won't go away and the game is frozen in crooked portrait mode. I've had to revert to my phone to keep up with my players. Way to many other issues with this update. To long to list. The real problem is my ipad used to be so smooth and sweet. Those days are gone. :(

Try a reset of your iPad .......it's a recommended step after any update to allow everything to settle in nicely.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reset of your iPad .......it's a recommended step after any update to allow everything to settle in nicely.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I've done this numerous times already. The only other option I have is to do a complete wipe. Hard reset it back to factory. To do it properly would mean no backups that could be infected with the OS issues. I'm not looking forward much this. But might be best. When I get annoyed with it enough I'll give it a go.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The app was updated and now it rotates properly on my iPad 3. Will check my iPad 2 when my girlfriend comes home with it.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet and did a complete wipe back to factory settings. This fixed a lot of crap that was bugging me. Including the words with friends app that would not work no matter what I did. Glad I did the reset now. I also now get the save password pop up box option that had disappeared in the os7 update. My only b!tch is I lost all my photos, even tho the cloud said it had them and they were being saved all along. NOT! Fortunately nothing that important. What a mess tho . At least everything is back to normal,, I think.

Most reactions

Latest posts