What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Won't Play in Landscape After Downloading IOS7

Nancyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have a paid version (no commercals) of the Words With Friends app on my iPad 4. After downloading IOS7 a few days ago the game will no longer flip to landscape mode. It does flip end to end on the screen, but not landscape. My brother is experiencing the same issue. I have made sure the orientation is not locked. Is there a simple fix that I'm missing or do I need to delete the app and re-download it (and probably lose all the game data)? I have tried the Zynga website help with no success. Thanks for any help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a paid version (no commercals) of the Words With Friends app on my iPad 4. After downloading IOS7 a few days ago the game will no longer flip to landscape mode. It does flip end to end on the screen, but not landscape. My brother is experiencing the same issue. I have made sure the orientation is not locked. Is there a simple fix that I'm missing or do I need to delete the app and re-download it (and probably lose all the game data)? I have tried the Zynga website help with no success. Thanks for any help.
Hi, welcome to iPF!
That seems to be a problem with the app itself. There were quite a few members reporting this problem. You'll have to wait for an app-update.

wackyjacky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not the paid version but same problem.

OP
N

Nancyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't show an update available on my WWF app; do you know where I look for it? (sorry for the dumb question).

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't show an update available on my WWF app; do you know where I look for it? (sorry for the dumb question).

Open the App Store app, then choose the updates tab and look for your app with "update" on the right.....

image-1671098651.jpg

The Archangel

OP
N

Nancyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just showed up on my iPad--thanks both of you!

rpapworth1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 3 locks up when I open WWF. I have checked that the update has been done, but it still locks up, I have to turn the ipad off in order to get it back to working.

Most reactions

Latest posts