Ios11.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Thomas1977, Sep 23, 2017.

1. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If the last one is 10.3.3, it’s not an iPad 2. The last update for the iPad 2 is 9.3.5.

2. Atindra

Atindra
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I too have iPad mini 2 and works fine with updates but I think this device is not compatible to split screen and screen floating features. Drag and drop works fine, though.

Atindra

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're correct, no iPad mini has split screen. Split screen requires an iPad Air 2 or later.

#13 scifan57, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You maybe correct there but I was able to split the keyboard.

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Splitting the keyboard is something every iPad model can do. It’s designed to make it easier to use the keyboard with your thumbs when holding the iPad with both hands.

6. Atindra

Atindra
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    After iOS update , I found one problem with my DOCUMENTS app by Readdle. It is not showing up in my files app which is a new feature of iOS 11. Files supposed to act as a file manager for iPad but it misses the most important app, that is documents app. It contains my total data including pdf references, docs, some photographs etc. all these things I used to attach in mails or uploading to various cloud drives via documents app.
    See the screenshot shot below, it shows contents of “Documents” location is unavailable due to some unknown error.

7. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Atindra: I have the same problem and error message with Documents. I am still trying to work out if it is me (quite likely...) before I email and ask Readdle.

Btw, Readdle are very helpful if you email them. They came back quickly and are looking into a possible bug I found to do with making a PDF in Safari; moving PDF to Documents and then on to a Windows shared folder, which us where the problem is.

8. Atindra

Atindra
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Before Apple’s attempt to file management by FILES, Documents used to be my only app for file management and it is absolutely fantastic. Missing that app for Files, would be a big disappointment for me.
    I found a way out, in which I removed FILES app from my device, now Documents is normal again, shows up while attaching docs, files in email clients, cloud drives etc. For the time being, I am ok with this solution. But Apple must coordinate with an important app developer like Readdle for the best interests of millions of users.

Atindra

9. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Atindra: Accidently I found the answer. I have Documents locked and accessible via my fingerprint. I turned the lock off, and low and behold all my Douments files now appear in Files.

The downside being that I cannot hide what is in Documents, although that does not really matter for my use.

10. Atindra

Atindra
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That sounds the easiest solution but encryption in documents app was one of the reasons, I had put my lots of important documents there. Let me try it.