What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios11.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have iOS 11 on my iPad mini 2. And under settings it says version iOS 11 (15A372). What does this mean? I had the public beta but recently got off the beta profile. I saw this under the about section.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have iOS 11 on my iPad mini 2. And under settings it says version iOS 11 (15A372). What does this mean? I had the public beta but recently got off the beta profile. I saw this under the about section.
The number in brackets is the build number of the currently installed iOS version. When iOS 11 is updated, you’ll see the build number change. You would have noticed this with each new beta you installed on your iPad.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In notes when swiping to the left, what does the blue option do ?

Something to do with iCloud?
Thanks in advance

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can put the note into a folder when you use that option. That’s not iCloud only, it also works with other accounts, such as Gmail, e.g.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can put the note into a folder when you use that option. That’s not iCloud only, it also works with other accounts, such as Gmail, e.g.

Don’t know what to say [emoji38]

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks very much, just moved all my baby car [emoji594] notes into their own folder.
Yes l know it sounds langweilig but it makes life a lot easier.

After all due you know when your engine oil was last changed etc.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks very much, just moved all my baby car [emoji594] notes into their own folder.
Yes l know it sounds langweilig but it makes life a lot easier.

After all due you know when your engine oil was last changed etc.
My pleasure! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve read a few articles about using emoji in files systems and lables. As a result all my important Notes folders start with an emoji that makes them easy to spot. I’ve also used this to make emoji based searches in Contacts (search for family using a family emoji, emergency numbers with an abulance emoji, etc). You put the emoji in the Notes field.

Ive used emoji to identify a Reminder type (vehicle, money, phone) in lists, and I like to add an emoji to calendar events to remind me what the event is about, and whether it’s important (events I ‘might’ care about vs events where I have a commitment to act.)

I mention this because the baby car emoji make me think you might be using it for your new Notes folder.

Of course, this isnt’ iOS 11 specific. You’ve been able to do this since iOS 9, if not earlier, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not getting the iOS 11 option to upgrade, I have iPad 2....is it too old? Would this mean I can no longer do upgrades. Last one is 10.3.3

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not getting the iOS 11 option to upgrade, I have iPad 2....is it too old? Would this mean I can no longer do upgrades. Last one is 10.3.3
If the last one is 10.3.3, it’s not an iPad 2. The last update for the iPad 2 is 9.3.5.

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too have iPad mini 2 and works fine with updates but I think this device is not compatible to split screen and screen floating features. Drag and drop works fine, though.

Atindra

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I too have iPad mini 2 and works fine with updates but I think this device is not compatible to split screen and screen floating features. Drag and drop works fine, though.

Atindra
You're correct, no iPad mini has split screen. Split screen requires an iPad Air 2 or later.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You maybe correct there but I was able to split the keyboard.
Splitting the keyboard is something every iPad model can do. It’s designed to make it easier to use the keyboard with your thumbs when holding the iPad with both hands.

Most reactions

Latest posts