What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I Update iPad Mini 2 to IOS 11?

ipad yuiop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a 32gb wifi iPad Mini 2 in excellent condition for $180. it was a great deal, and it is currently running IOS 10.3.3 and is very fast. It gives me the option to update to IOS 11 under settings, but as this is an older tablet how does it perform on IOS 11? Would the mini 2 do gaming better or worse on IOS 10?? Should I update it or leave it on IOS 10? Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do update, any 32 bit apps on your iPad will no longer work. There are also important security updates in iOS 11 against Spectre and Meltdown. Generally, your iPad should work reasonably well. It's your choice, though. If you do update there's no going back as Apple is no longer signing any version of iOS 10 for devices capable of running iOS 11.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a owner of a 32GB Wifi iPad Mini 2 I would say yes to the update. Mine is on the latest iOS and works pretty well. depending on how much you got on it you may experience some slow down which is expected being a older iPad.

Tom Deep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can update, Before updating plz check the memory And bit

Most reactions

Latest posts