What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS v4.2 Update Begins to Roll Out

Patsj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The upgrade kept all of my apps, but decided to delete all my songs and video's! In my "Ipod," nothing is there. The bottom of the screen reads "syncing" and the middle of the screen reads "canceling sync." I've yet to work this out. In addition, the switch that could lock the (vertical/horizontal) position is no longer a lock. It is now a mute switch.
I had the same problem and my solution was to re-sync. This fixed it. I don't think you anything wrong. In searching for a solution I found many others on the web that had the same problem. It must be a bug in the upgrade process.

Have fun with improvements.

Patsj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After upgrading, like many others on this thread, I had trouble figuring out how to use the new/changed options. Apple support has a users guide for 4.2. It is a pdf file, and really large, but I found it very helpful. You can also save it to the iBooks app in the PDF section, read it in safari on the iPad, or save it on your pc and read it there.

Apparently I don't have enough posts on this formum to put the url in this mesage, so I'll put it in the next post.

Most reactions

Latest posts