What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS v4.2 Update Begins to Roll Out

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-update-rolling42.png

We've just received word from several iPadForums.net members (including myself) that the iOS v4.2 update is now available and rolling out! Be sure to post your thoughts, comments, questions or problems on the upgrade in the iOS Section here: iPad OS - Apple iPad Forum

Happy Updating!

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mike!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updating my gfs iPad now. Mine is already on 4.2.1 and it won't let me install the official version...so I'll just have to wait until 4.2.2 ;)

SterAllures

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just updated my iPad and it says I have version 4.2.1 (8C148) anyone else having this? thought i would get the normal 4.2 update?

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just updated my iPad and it says I have version 4.2.1 (8C148) anyone else having this? thought i would get the normal 4.2 update?

I *think* this is because it IS 4.2, but the extra 0.0.1 is the iPad specific wifi-fix update. In general 4.2 was rolled out, but 4.2.1 is specific to the iPad maybe? Could be completely wrong, but there ya go

SterAllures

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That might be it but I thought that 4.2.1 was a GM version, can GM versions become public firmwares?

Well I hope I didn't do somenthing wrong and that it is in fact 4.2 because i don't think I can get back to 4.2 then ;p.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The first 4.2 was updated to 4.2.1 to include the wifi fix. You are all up to date & good to go!!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took 28 min to download the OS and about 15 mins to install and dis-connect,my wifes only took 8 mins because the smart apple used my download. I notice a new app,a Game App was put on the Ipad. Went very smooth,now I have to figure out what all the changes did to it.

Al.

Most reactions

Latest posts