Apple Rolls Out iOS 8.1.3 with Bug Fixes & Storage Size Requirement Reduction for Updates

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Jan 27, 2015.

By dgstorm on Jan 27, 2015 at 2:40 PM
  1. dgstorm

dgstorm
    Expand Collapse
    Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Apple mobile device owners may be pleased to see a new update rolling out to their devices sometime soon starting today. Apple just started pushing out a new OTA update of iOS which is version 8.1.3. The update is relatively minor, but for those affected by the minor bugs, it should be appreciated.

Here's a quick breakdown of what is fixed or added:
    • Fixed an issue which prevented some users from entering their Apple ID passwords for Messages and FaceTime
    • Fixed a bug that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
    • Fixed a problem that prevented multitasking gestures from working on the iPad
    • Reduces the amount of storage space required to perform an iOS update
    • Adds new configuration options for education standardized testing.
    This update was small enough from Apple's perspective that it was not seeded to developers before being released to the public. The only thing which is obviously missing from this update is that it does not address the recently discovered "GMT bug." This problem causes calendar syncing issues and time zone confusion for some iOS users.

Of course, Apple is currently working on a fix for that issue and it should show up in the next update. We will keep you posted, so stay tuned!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Jan 27, 2015.

1. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      Just beat me to it. For some unexplained reason I decided to check a few minutes ago, and there it was.

Updating now.
    2. J. A.
      J. A.
      Me too. :)
    3. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      Must be ASP (Apple Sensory Perception). :)
    4. J. A.
      J. A.
      I was waiting for the update, so I checked every day. :oops:
    5. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      Updates all done. Nothing obvious broken. The few issues I've had have been intermittent, spaced out over days, and mostly on the iPhone (probably because I use it more). I won't know for at least week if these (mostly) small annoyances have been fixed (for me).

I was kind of hopping they would put the Blood Glucose data back into the Health app (iPhone only), but no such luck.
    6. giradman
      giradman
      Despite having BT & Wi-Fi activated on both my MBPro w/ Yosemite (10.10.1) & my iPad Air 2 (iOS 8.1.2), I have not been able to get AirDrop to work from my laptop to my iDevice (transfers fine in the other direction) - others have been complaining about this so considered a potential bug issue by some?

WELL, I just upgraded to iOS 8.1.3, and AirDrop works in both directions - Yippee ki-yay! :cool: Dave
    7. giradman
      giradman
      Interesting, I needed to edit my initial post but apparently in a 'Featured' thread this option seems to be unavailable to the poster; SO the above quoted is the correct description, i.e. getting AirDrop to work from my iPad to my MBPro was corrected w/ the iOS update - sorry, Dave :)
    8. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      It's the iPad News area posts that can't be edited. I don't think being featured has anything to do with it. That's not a forum area, just a list of threads from various forums areas. No idea how it's generated.

Unfortunately my iMac is too old to support AirDrop. I'd kind of like it too. On the other hand Continuity, which should work, wasn't very reliable. I'll have to see how well it works going forward.
    9. giradman
      giradman
      Thanks for the clarification relative to the sub-forum, i.e. iPad News - still was irritating not to be able to simply reverse my devices in the original post. AirDrop is a nice feature but does require updated software on both OS X & iOS - now works both ways for me and quicker that emailing files - however, Dropbox and other now available cloud options will work also - but avoids the old fashioned 'sneaker net' - :D Dave