IOS 9.3.2 & iPad 3

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by smadadet, May 19, 2016.

1. smadadet

smadadet
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just updated my iPad 3 to 9.3.2 with disastrous results. The iPad freezes up at random times and nothing can be done except to reboot it and hope it runs for a few minutes before freezing up again. How can Apple release an update without testing it first???????

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Apple does test the updates through an extensive beta testing program, which I participate in. I have 2 iPad 3 models which have been updated to iOS 9.3.2 without any problems. It's possible that problems with the Internet connection may have caused problems with the update on your iPad. Does it operate nirmally between the freeze ups?

Did you update OTA? If so, you may want to re-do the update through iTunes. If you can, back up to iTunes and if the backup was successful, select the restore option. This will download and install a fresh copy of iOS 9.3.2 to your iPad and restore it to factory condition. After the restore, you can set it up from the backup you made earlier.

Let us know if this works for you.

3. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    As another data point, I did OTA on my iPad 3, and see no problems. Or in fact any differences at all.

4. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You may have to restore the iPad through itunes to solve your problem.