What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.1 Will be Even Harder to Jailbreak

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_mini.JPG

Phones Review writes today that according to their sources in the jailbreaking community, it looks as though iOS 6.1, when it is eventually released, will be even harder to jailbreak than the current iOS 6/0.1, which is still waiting for an untethered jailbreak. This latest news comes in the form of a tweet from Stefan Esser, or @i0n1c on Twitter, who stated the following: “There must have been some change of guard at Apple. iOS6.1 adds again tougher protections, although public JB community hasn’t broken iOS6 yet.†Phones Review says that Esser is a “well known and respected member of the jailbreaking community,†in particular because he came up with the untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.2, as well as for the third-gen iPad jailbreak for iOS 5.1. Commenting on this story, Cult of Mac says that the change of guard that Esser is talking about is Craig Ferenghi, who has taken over from the departing Scott Forstall, and who apparently is much less tolerant towards jailbreaking than his predecessor was. As Phones Review notes, this will be disappointing news for those looking to jailbreak their iOS 6 iPhones and iPads.

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]iPhone 5 untethered jailbreak concerns as iOS 6.1 even tougher » Phone Reviews
“Changing Of The Guard†At Apple Makes iOS 6.1 Much Harder To Jailbreak, Says Hacker | Cult of Mac

salmans84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aleutian said:
so lost to hear that,hoping mommy arriving to earth crack this problem

Technological prediction remain always wrong so will now ;)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple sees jail breaking as a security breach, first and foremost. They will plug the holes, both reactively and proactively.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple sells a lot only because tere is a jailbreak

From what we can tell, less than one half of one percent of all iOS users jail break their devices.

The numbers published from the jail break sites seem to be very exaggerated - based on reported downloads and not tracked to individual devices by UDID or other device identifier.

We log jail broken devices connecting to our servers for several very high profile application clients and the ratio of jail broken to non jail broken devices has remained almost constant for the last four years.

If every jail breaker left the iPhone. It would not even be noticed in the sales numbers.

Schrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you have to admit apple steal a lot from the jailbreak like the "not disturb" toll Sorry I don't see the edit post function

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would gladly give up any warranty and any claims against apple if they would just mind their own damn business about what I want to do with a device I paid for.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When people pirate, the loss is the amount of potential customers not the amount they actually download because that technically costs nothing, because they steal content not physical money. I do not support piracy, I just wanted to say my view.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about piracy, but what right does anyone have to tell someone what to do with their device?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just as Apple has the right to design and manufacture their devices as they see fit, you have the right to buy or not buy those devices.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly and AFTER I buy them, they should not be able to stop me from doing as I see fit, as I, not Apple, now own them.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When people pirate, the loss is the amount of potential customers not the amount they actually download because that technically costs nothing, because they steal content not physical money. I do not support piracy, I just wanted to say my view.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

Since when is jailbreaking a form of piracy?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly and AFTER I buy them, they should not be able to stop me from doing as I see fit, as I, not Apple, now own them.

You can do anything you want with your iDevice. Just be prepared to void your warranty and possibly be excluded from connecting to the Apple infrastructure for iTunes, the App Store or iCloud support in the future.

We fully expect that Apple is collecting information on jail broken devices for identification purposes now - they just don't use the information for anything other than internal statistics today.

Our customers who provide syndicated content require their application to disable itself on a jail broken device to prevent that content from being downloaded and redistributed. Some of these companies are very large and carry significant weight with Apple to make this easier for them to do.

Though jail breaking is not piracy, all pirates are jail broken, so stopping one does also stop the other.

Most reactions