iOS 6.1 Released

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 28, 2013.

By Maura on Jan 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Apple has today announced the immediate release of iOS 6.1. According to the press release, the update adds LTE capabilities for 36 new iPhone carriers and 23 iPad carriers worldwide. This means that more users all over the world will be able to enjoy ultrafast wireless, with Apple also touting the fact that to date, iOS users have uploaded more than nine billion photos to Photo Stream, sent more than 450 billion iMessages, and received over four trillion notifications.

iOS 6.1 is available now to download, and is compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad (third and fourth gen), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (fourth and fifth gen).

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]Apple

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 28, 2013.

1. MIKES3
      MIKES3
      Check it.... iPad DFU Mode instructions
    2. junebug_629
      junebug_629
      Thanks from the Noobi :D
    3. f4780y
      f4780y
    4. junebug_629
      junebug_629
      ok. this didn't work. I get the error message "the software for Ipad was corrupted during download" Any ideas how to proceed?
    5. f4780y
      f4780y
      iTunes isn't very forgiving in terms of downloading the large firmware files.

I suggest you follow our guide here to "manually" install. You are safe to SKIP step 2, since it likley does not apply to you, but please pay attention and follow all the others. You should have IOS 6.1 installed no problem if you do - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html
    6. junebug_629
      junebug_629
      I should add that I was successful in getting my Ipad in DFU mode. My PC did detect that my Ipad for an upgade. After the initial downloading of items it then switched over to "processing file" before I got the error message about them corrupted Ipad software during download. I want to provide as much info as possible. It further states to "unconnect and then reconnect or try later" I've done this so many times I've reached frustration level and wished I hadn't bothered to perform the upgrade. :mad:
    7. f4780y
      f4780y
      Yes, as I said, iTunes isn't very forgiving in terms of downloading such a large file, especially when the servers are very busy as they are now (tens of millions of potential iDevice owners - you can be sure lots are updating as we speak!).

Follow the guide I posted (skip step 2). It specifically helps you get past this problem, by downloading the file separately from iTunes, and installing it "manually".

Trust me. We wrote that guide back in 2011 - it works, and you are not the first to use it :D
      Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    8. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      Pretty easy sailing for me and iPad 2. I don't think this release does a helluva lot for my device but it certainly didn't hurt anything.
    9. dith
      dith
      Can we jailbteak yet???
    10. scifan57
      scifan57