iOS 6.1 Released

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 28, 2013.

By Maura on Jan 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Apple has today announced the immediate release of iOS 6.1. According to the press release, the update adds LTE capabilities for 36 new iPhone carriers and 23 iPad carriers worldwide. This means that more users all over the world will be able to enjoy ultrafast wireless, with Apple also touting the fact that to date, iOS users have uploaded more than nine billion photos to Photo Stream, sent more than 450 billion iMessages, and received over four trillion notifications.

iOS 6.1 is available now to download, and is compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad (third and fourth gen), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (fourth and fifth gen).

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]Apple

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Mesqueunclub
      Mesqueunclub
      Hi AQ_OC,
      Installed this afternoon with no problems. Everything running smoothly.
      Mike
    2. Mesqueunclub
      Mesqueunclub
      Sorry I answered when I now see you we're asking someone else, :(
    3. AdmiralAdama
      AdmiralAdama
      Glad to hear your install went well too. :)

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    4. Mesqueunclub
      Mesqueunclub
      It certainly did, thank you, and also fixed the bug in the calendar app!
      Mike
    5. Roy Rob
      Roy Rob
      Seamless update to both iPads (2's) both took about 10 minutes, everything seems to function normally, possible speed increase.
    6. junebug_629
      junebug_629
      I attempted to upgrade to ios 6.1 on my IPAD2. Now i'm stuck in recovery mode. I've re-tried installing the software from my PC 7-9 times only to have the same result. I'm stuck with the USB cable and Itunes on my IPAD screen. HELP!!
    7. willerz2
      willerz2
      @junebug_629, I'll take a hazardous guess that you simply pressed the Restore button to restore? Put the iPad into DFU mode and shift+click the Restore button and point it to the iOS 6.1 IPSW for your iPad 2. You won't have to redownload it since iTunes already has. By default, it will be in the following directory on your device. Just point it to it when your device is in DFU mode and it'll restore.

Sample: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
    8. junebug_629
      junebug_629
      Thanks for the quick response. I have a silly question though. What does DFU mean? Sorry in advance.
    9. MIKES3
      MIKES3
      Device Firmware Upgrade
    10. MIKES3
      MIKES3
      That was weird

"Device Firmware Upgrade"