What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.1 Released

junebug_629

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok. this didn't work. I get the error message "the software for Ipad was corrupted during download" Any ideas how to proceed?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ok. this didn't work. I get the error message "the software for Ipad was corrupted during download" Any ideas how to proceed?

iTunes isn't very forgiving in terms of downloading the large firmware files.

I suggest you follow our guide here to "manually" install. You are safe to SKIP step 2, since it likley does not apply to you, but please pay attention and follow all the others. You should have IOS 6.1 installed no problem if you do - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

junebug_629

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should add that I was successful in getting my Ipad in DFU mode. My PC did detect that my Ipad for an upgade. After the initial downloading of items it then switched over to "processing file" before I got the error message about them corrupted Ipad software during download. I want to provide as much info as possible. It further states to "unconnect and then reconnect or try later" I've done this so many times I've reached frustration level and wished I hadn't bothered to perform the upgrade. :mad:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I should add that I was successful in getting my Ipad in DFU mode. My PC did detect that my Ipad for an upgade. After the initial downloading of items it then switched over to "processing file" before I got the error message about them corrupted Ipad software during download. I want to provide as much info as possible. It further states to "unconnect and then reconnect or try later" I've done this so many times I've reached frustration level and wished I hadn't bothered to perform the upgrade. :mad:

Yes, as I said, iTunes isn't very forgiving in terms of downloading such a large file, especially when the servers are very busy as they are now (tens of millions of potential iDevice owners - you can be sure lots are updating as we speak!).

Follow the guide I posted (skip step 2). It specifically helps you get past this problem, by downloading the file separately from iTunes, and installing it "manually".

Trust me. We wrote that guide back in 2011 - it works, and you are not the first to use it :D

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pretty easy sailing for me and iPad 2. I don't think this release does a helluva lot for my device but it certainly didn't hurt anything.

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just receive the update message when I rebooted the ipad 2, Should I update? Is there any difference besides calendar app being fixed?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I read the calendar issue has been fixed with the new update.

SonicBodhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what else will be"broken" with this update. The last update broke a couple of my apps, for which fixes have yet to be supplied. Apps I paid for.

I was also quite chagrined at the nasty surprise of losing the native YouTube app. What's next, the loss of functionality for ANY YouTube type apps??

I'm afraid to install this update, for fear of what else Apple has "fixed" so it won't work until the app developers catch up with the changes (and some of them are not in too big a hurry to provide fixes for apps that keep getting constantly broken by all the updates from Apple)

It's nice that the support team likes to keep on top of bug fixes, but why do they have to make radical changes that ultimately cause other problems?? I hate to say it but this is starting to remind me of Microsoft's past business model of putting out a software product before working out all of the bugs and then using customers as free beta testers. Not a good move, Apple.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SonicBodhi said:
I'm just wondering what else will be"broken" with this update. The last update broke a couple of my apps, for which fixes have yet to be supplied. Apps I paid for.

I was also quite chagrined at the nasty surprise of losing the native YouTube app. What's next, the loss of functionality for ANY YouTube type apps??

I'm afraid to install this update, for fear of what else Apple has "fixed" so it won't work until the app developers catch up with the changes (and some of them are not in too big a hurry to provide fixes for apps that keep getting constantly broken by all the updates from Apple)

It's nice that the support team likes to keep on top of bug fixes, but why do they have to make radical changes that ultimately cause other problems?? I hate to say it but this is starting to remind me of Microsoft's past business model of putting out a software product before working out all of the bugs and then using customers as free beta testers. Not a good move, Apple.

This is a Developer issue, not an Apple issue. The Developers have access to the beta versions of the new iOS, which Apple supply to them, to enable them to update their apps.....if an app is broken you need to get on to the Dev for that app, especially if you have paid for that app.

The Archangel

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SonicBodhi said:

I thought I had lost my You Tube app after the update but it reappeared so no problem. I went to the App Store and checked purchases & there it was, not ready for download however, just showed as Open. I took that to mean it was still on my iPad 3. Sure enough I located it in one of my folders, although to be truthful I cannot remember how that happened. Still, I found the app at the end of the day so I am sure it will still be on other users iPads.
Good luck

Most reactions

Latest posts