What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Whetwut? Links please?

The android project has been dead for a couple weeks, and wireless syncing is in Cydia. Called wifisync.

Right, but the question is in regards to what people want to see in iOS5. Unless it comes pre-jailbroken neither option really fits as an answer. Then again, Apple tends to take the best JB ideas and use them in their own updates so I guess we can hope!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaveSt said:
Right, but the question is in regards to what people want to see in iOS5. Unless it comes pre-jailbroken neither option really fits as an answer. Then again, Apple tends to take the best JB ideas and use them in their own updates so I guess we can hope!

I am sure a lot of apple's ideas came from jailbreakers.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
DaveSt said:

I am sure a lot of apple's ideas came from jailbreakers.

Wouldn't surprise me honestly. Some of the best ideas can come from the smallest people.

bwrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allowing apps to access a central file repository would be nice. Some kind of file explorer

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Allowing apps to access a central file repository would be nice. Some kind of file explorer

Agreed, I have been asking for this since day one. If you have 2 movie players on your iPad, why the need to upload the same move twice if you wanted the choice of which players to watch it with...

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do I want most in iOS5?

freedom_s.jpg

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to see widgets appear on the iPad. Its one of the best things about my Android smartphone. The ability to switch on or off all the basic menu functions with a single tap is so much more user friendly than iOS 4.2.1. Then there's rss news feeds, facebook status widgets... Android Honeycomb is coming and is looking mighty impressive.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Agreed, I have been asking for this since day one. If you have 2 movie players on your iPad, why the need to upload the same move twice if you wanted the choice of which players to watch it with...

It would be awesome, but its never going to happen. They don't want to make it easy for users to transfer non-itunes movies/music onto and off the ipad. They want to promote their own ecosystem, which is why they are doing that ridiculous subscription nonsense.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like to see widgets appear on the iPad. Its one of the best things about my Android smartphone. The ability to switch on or off all the basic menu functions with a single tap is so much more user friendly than iOS 4.2.1. Then there's rss news feeds, facebook status widgets... Android Honeycomb is coming and is looking mighty impressive.

Not likely.... Jobs and company actively removed widgets from Apple. Jobs decided (public statements) that he does not want anything that changes the iThing desktop so widgets are gone.

Bob Maxey

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see Handsfree Bluetooth profile support so I can use my bluetooth headset for skype, whistle, sipgate or any other VOIP app.

If Apple could figure out that 15 year old technology, that would be truly amazing.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadzombie said:
I would like to see Handsfree Bluetooth profile support so I can use my bluetooth headset for skype, whistle, sipgate or any other VOIP app.

If Apple could figure out that 15 year old technology, that would be truly amazing.

That's a good idea.

Most reactions