What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like to see in IOS 6?

yaschaeffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wolfman1251 said:
I agree about the numbers and letters on the same keyboard level... Although we'll probably be stuck with 2 levels of keyboard for 'some' special characters... However I'd like to see that damned UNDO key moved to somewhere where it is not as easy to hit, as there is nothing more frustrating as to be typing a paragraph and lose the whole thing to an accidental touch on the UNDO key while reaching for one of the surrounding special characters. Grrrrr...

I would love arrow keys on the keyboard! I just can't understand why there aren't any! If I see a typo in a word I've just typed, it's a lot easier (and faster!) to press the appropriate arrow to position the cursor where you want it, rather than having to press and hold to position manually. Especially if you click slightly in the wrong position to just press backspace: arrow keys would be a great help. No strike that: I think they're essential!
The special characters are positioned okay I find, although I'd definitely prefer numbers and letters to appear together on the one keyboard without needing additional keys. This is especially true if typing something containing a large mixture of numbers and letters.
Some keyboard shortcut for selecting text would be very useful, like the shift or ctrl arrow style ones in windows. It would make selecting large amounts of text significantly faster for those who wish to use, and are comfortable with, this way of doing things. I seriously hope this finds its way to apple.

AnotherBigAl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like some more "basic" customization options, such as:

1. Ability to change your default browser. Pretty sure you could do this way back in Windows 3.1 (and possibly before). Why I can't do it in 2012 is beyond me.

Why limit it to browsers. The ability to choose a decent eMail client would be a great asset, as would the inclusion of more modern eMail security, such as TLS rather than the old SSL protocol.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yaschaeffer said:
I would love arrow keys on the keyboard! I just can't understand why there aren't any! If I see a typo in a word I've just typed, it's a lot easier (and faster!) to press the appropriate arrow to position the cursor where you want it, rather than having to press and hold to position manually. Especially if you click slightly in the wrong position to just press backspace: arrow keys would be a great help. No strike that: I think they're essential!
The special characters are positioned okay I find, although I'd definitely prefer numbers and letters to appear together on the one keyboard without needing additional keys. This is especially true if typing something containing a large mixture of numbers and letters.
Some keyboard shortcut for selecting text would be very useful, like the shift or ctrl arrow style ones in windows. It would make selecting large amounts of text significantly faster for those who wish to use, and are comfortable with, this way of doing things. I seriously hope this finds its way to apple.

+1

Sent from my iPad using iPF

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlimited Bluetooth access
Multiple browser compatibility
Not having to go through iTunes to sync all the time.
File sharing over wifi (without having to buy wifi hd etc)

This ain't gonna happen but this is where other tablets gain points.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
evohicks said:
Unlimited Bluetooth access
Multiple browser compatibility
Not having to go through iTunes to sync all the time.
File sharing over wifi (without having to buy wifi hd etc)

This ain't gonna happen but this is where other tablets gain points.

What do you mean by unlimited Bluetooth access? Not too familiar with it as I only use bluetooth for tethering phone to iPad. Thanks.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
What do you mean by unlimited Bluetooth access? Not too familiar with it as I only use bluetooth for tethering phone to iPad. Thanks.

I mean able to connect iPad to other Bluetooth devices for media sharing ie Android phones etc..
It would be nice to take a photo with my Galaxy S2 and just Bluetooth it straight to my iPad :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
evohicks said:
I mean able to connect iPad to other Bluetooth devices for media sharing ie Android phones etc..
It would be nice to take a photo with my Galaxy S2 and just Bluetooth it straight to my iPad :)

Ahhh. Ok thanks !! :)

Biddy44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:

Incorporation of . . . .

SWYPE ! ! !

Yes to the Swype addition. Also restore full capability to the iPod player, including equalizer. Add widgets and allow more customization of screen layout.

Last edited:

scarlett1505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should have an app store Download manager. It really annoys me when I search for ages on the store and find an app. I then download it and it takes me out of the store. It then takes 10 minutes to get back where I was. I want to be able to be at work and drag and drop files on to it. So I can use it as some sort of external hdd. Bluetooth to be able to see Devices other than just apple. Oh and quite an important one...FLASH!!!
this
ideally i would want a way i could line up downloads and doesnt take me out of the app store which would start when connected to wifi

also i would like a way to remove apps like newstand that i wont use - either remove them completely or be able to hide them in a folder

Last edited:
OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To the people who have asked to flash, I think it's fair to say that flash will never be on iOS devices as they slow down the user experience.

Also adobe have stopped developing flash for mobile devices.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be too much to ask for the iPad to function as a telephone? Mine is always with me and if I were able to make calls with it, I could dump my iPhone and save money.

I always use Bluetooth, so I wouldn't be faced with having to hold an iPad to my ear, just in case anyone was getting that visual.

I already use it for FaceTime, iMessage and Skype, so telephony, it seems to me, is not such a long shot.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's been mentioned so many times but I agree with- having numbers and letters on the keyboard and user profiles is the biggie. Someone mentioned apples work around is to by an iPad for each family member. Come on! My 9 year old kids should have their own iPad?? I don't think apple employees have a iPads for all their family members.

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would like to see air play back to where it was BEFORE ios5 came out...and user accounts for god's sakes please

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts