1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

What would you like to see in IOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Gunny008, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Gunny008

Gunny008 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just thought I'd make another iOS thread like the iOS 5 one last December.

So, what is everyone hoping apple to add into IOS 6? Settings for wifi/3G on/off in notification centre? Facebook integration? Etc.
  2. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I would love to see an improvement in the keyboard meaning both numbers nd letters how up at he same time and not having to hit the .?123 key.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB
  3. isaac

isaac iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will like to see an improvement that allows for deleting in either direction and an integration of formatting in iPad notes.
  4. steveccnj

steveccnj iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to see the same iTunes Radio function in the media player that I have when running iTunes on my laptop or desktop. It should always have been there.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I don't expect to see it in the next (or any) release of iOS but I would very much like to see features that make it possible to share an iPad among members of a family with some basic security features. There is no way to secure "settings," for example, much less a way to password protect individual apps. No way even to place the same app on multiple "home" screens much less to create separate "accounts" for multiple users.

I don't expect to see any such features in iOS simply because Apple believes the "workaround" is to purchase multiple iPads for every member of a household. Nevertheless, marketing the iPad as a "family" friendly device without making basic features that allow sharing (and non-sharing) of the device is simply dishonest.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Separate user accounts
  7. Yarrenbool

Yarrenbool iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0

Incorporation of . . . .

SWYPE ! ! !

8. tokirobot

tokirobot iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Like Gunny008, I want an improvement in the keyboard. Seeing as I am typing on the iPad's keyboard right now, shows,
    That it's really not that big of an issue with me.

I REALLY want some more customization for the iPad, no not as much as android, that's too much. But widgets in the lock screen would be amazing! Please Apple, please do that for me! :)

Other than that... Some minor changes maybe? Such as, more effects in photo booth (I know, I'm a baby) similar to those found
    on Macs. Also improvements in the camera, or just even some new features such as autofocus. Other than that......... I'm really happy with iOS 5! I just really want some more customization in the lock screen and settings.
  9. tokirobot

tokirobot iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I second that!
  10. wolfman1251

wolfman1251 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree about the numbers and letters on the same keyboard level... Although we'll probably be stuck with 2 levels of keyboard for 'some' special characters... However I'd like to see that damned UNDO key moved to somewhere where it is not as easy to hit, as there is nothing more frustrating as to be typing a paragraph and lose the whole thing to an accidental touch on the UNDO key while reaching for one of the surrounding special characters. Grrrrr...
  11. WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Special characters are not used all that much so that part down not bother me.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB
  12. Hayles66

Hayles66 iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +320 / 0
    I'd like superscript and subscript added to keyboard as I teach science and need this a lot.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF
  13. cgrface

cgrface iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The return of the "multipage tab" in Safari, or at least the option to use multipage. I bought the iPad 2 for my wife who is very visually oriented. The loss of of the multipage tab has really rocked her world.
  14. s2mikey

s2mikey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Ditto regarding the desired keyboard additions. The multi-direction Delete key would be the best one to add. Heres a few Id like to see:

- Better native Photo app that actually lets you delete/move images around without iTunes or whatever
    - Easier way to kill running apps or apps that are suspended for us "anal retentive" memory managment nerds
    - Better printing support for existing printers. There is NO reason why the iPad is picky about printer support.
  15. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I agree and want to see this. There are some app you just don't want kids messing around in like emails and notes.
  16. NEOBAHAMUT

NEOBAHAMUT iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As I'm not a member of Facebook I wouldn't want to see iOS integrate with it.

I do however want more customisation. Should be able to move multiple icons at once opposed to just the one. A better camera. Widgets on the lock screen. Perhaps some work on the theme itself. I want folders to look less - ugly..I want to put unlimited items in a folder not restricted to 16. Should have an app store Download manager. It really annoys me when I search for ages on the store and find an app. I then download it and it takes me out of the store. It then takes 10 minutes to get back where I was. I want to be able to be at work and drag and drop files on to it. So I can use it as some sort of external hdd. Bluetooth to be able to see Devices other than just apple. Oh and quite an important one...FLASH!!!

There's loads more I want just don't have enough time ATM.
  17. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,284 / 0
    You can actually get 20 apps in a folder and there will never be flash on the iPad as Adobe has now stopped development of it for all mobile devices.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  18. NEOBAHAMUT

NEOBAHAMUT iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Agh my mistake. Yeah I did read somewhere that Adobe was going to stop developing flash for mobile devices. Still it is a shame as there is a he'll of a lot of sites out there that work with it.

My mistake about having 20 apps in a folder instead of16. I still think they should sort that out. Seems strange why they do that. I have 4 games folders on my pad. Would be much more logical for them to be in one place.

Oh well I'm sure will do this one dat.
  19. TommyB

TommyB iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +464 / 0
    Well, these may actually be more iterative than really worth a new OS version (maybe like an iOS5.2), and app developers/tinkerers should lurk in threads like these for ideas, but ...

1) Quicker way to turn Bluetooth on or off than going to the Settings. I use a Belkin keyboard folio for my iPad 2 (love it), but don't want the keyboard OR Bluetooth on all the time (to save battery), so I find myself going through the rigamarole more often than I'd like.

2) For the times I'm not willing to turn the keyboard/Bluetooth on (just a quick text input like a search, for example), a 'Select All' button on the front page of the software keyboard. I've already tapped on the text input field; now I have to tap it again, and wait for the 'Select All' button to pop up, then hit it, then begin typing? Yuck.

3) As someone else suggested, a quicker way to close apps.
  20. EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I would like some more "basic" customization options, such as:
    1. Ability to use different keyboards. Someone already mentioned Swype, but any choice beyond their "one keyboard for all" mentality would be welcome.
    2. Ability to change your default browser. Pretty sure you could do this way back in Windows 3.1 (and possibly before). Why I can't do it in 2012 is beyond me.
    3. Make the email signature option part of the email ACCOUNT, vs the device. This would allow different email signatures for different email accounts. As it is, the email in iOS is basically useless to me as I have a dozen different email accounts all requiring different signatures. This is just basic email functionality that should be added.
    4. Some more screen customization options. I love my Android phone (and customize the living bejeezus out of it), but I'm not suggesting it needs to be that customizable. Just the ability to have the same app show up on multiple screens or move the icons around so maybe some are on the left and some are on the right would be welcome. Quit forcing uniform rows of icons on me!
    5. Being able to have access to the file system from my PC via USB, similar to my phone. Makes copying files around so much easier. I assume that's too "dangerous" for Apple to allow us "dumb" users access to though.
    6. As others mention, ability to password protect apps or set up different profiles for other family members.