What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

gwgriffiths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS5 wish list:
- Wireless synch iTunes, iCal, Contacts, etc.
- Wireless file transfer with Mac / File Management access to Finder. Think private Dropbox like with my Mac replacing the paid for cloud.
- Wireless synch multiple iOS devices (i.e. iPad & iPhone) for iCal, Contacts, common apps: eg. Game high scores, recipes,
- More gestures for better navigation
- move an email to an iCal event or to-do (without a date in email)
- user defined text replacement (like OS X text substitution)
- rich text for email optional
- email attachments (via above file folders)
- multiple cut/copy - paste storage (stack)
- auto backup via Time Machine option
- In general, better interoperability with OS X - wirelessly!

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'd like to be able to have more control over the brightness of the screen.
its still very bright at its lowest point, which is not good if you use your ipad in bed a lot.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i'd like to be able to have more control over the brightness of the screen.
its still very bright at its lowest point, which is not good if you use your ipad in bed a lot.

Try this . . . Double click the home button to show running applications. While open, drag the bar at the bottom of the screen to the right and you will see a music control, volume control, screen lock and a slider to change screen brightness.

Cheers, Bob

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both Iphone 4 and Ipad. I need to send an email to that really bright guy at Apple who designed the auto-fill/word guess or whatever....seriously, how can this function work in such a pathetic way? It makes me feel like not only Apple wants to control what I can see on the web (ie. Lack of flash) and prevent me from managing my content (ie. File management- yea, the Ipad is good at making you think out of the box to organise files) but they also want to control what I'm trying to write for heaven's sake! This function is completely backwards. I should decide which word I need, not Apple. Obviously the very first thing I HAD to do when i got the iphone and later the Ipad was disable this (mal)function. It's appalling, especially if you regularly write in two languages (English and Spanish in my case). Why on earth can't I just tap Apple's suggestion if I want it rather than having to erase almost every single word prompted. Some really bright decision taken in this particular part of the process.

Apart from that all is hunky-dory (right spelling? Can't rely on Apple's prompt....)

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have both Iphone 4 and Ipad. I need to send an email to that really bright guy at Apple who designed the auto-fill/word guess or whatever....seriously, how can this function work in such a pathetic way? It makes me feel like not only Apple wants to control what I can see on the web (ie. Lack of flash) and prevent me from managing my content (ie. File management- yea, the Ipad is good at making you think out of the box to organise files) but they also want to control what I'm trying to write for heaven's sake! This function is completely backwards. I should decide which word I need, not Apple. Obviously the very first thing I HAD to do when i got the iphone and later the Ipad was disable this (mal)function. It's appalling, especially if you regularly write in two languages (English and Spanish in my case). Why on earth can't I just tap Apple's suggestion if I want it rather than having to erase almost every single word prompted. Some really bright decision taken in this particular part of the process.

Apart from that all is hunky-dory (right spelling? Can't rely on Apple's prompt....)

The iPad is glorious perfection realized in the form of perfect hardware that lesser men can understand. They are manufactured by magic Elves in hollow trees from magic components and hand soldered by highly trained Genius Solderers in workshops located in Narnia. Workers and designers have been fully anointed by Steve Jobs and Justin Beiber, the true Saviors of technology.

iPad leads us to the light and now I know. It is impossible to make iPad better. Well, until the HumanCentiPad arrives. iPad has no equal in the known universe. It is flawless, perfect, and mortal man can't possibly find a way to make any improvements; when it is perfect, it needs nothing else.

Except for Flash, my golly, what was He thinking, anyway. Everyone here knows that Flash is required or you might as well curl up and die. I actually needed Flash in 1965, and it was not available, so I feel ya, man.

By the way . . . every time you turn on your iPad, an Angel gets his wings.

Seriously, I think you are referring to Auto Correct and it bugs me too. Like trying to get past Captcha and iPad wants to change Loungert to lasagna; flubbertome to frightened. Bugs this cowboy no end.

So . . . rather than fight it, try this:

Go to "Settings" and then select "General" then select "Keyboards." Turn OFF Auto-Correction and select "International Keyboards." Pick your language by selecting "Add New Keyboard." Or something like that.

Seems rather easy and it might solve your issues. Just do not say iPad is not perfection realized; mine glows in the presence of XOOM users to warn me, and it farts kittens, by the way.

And you get two white apple stickers, for free, too.

Bob Jobs

batmowes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
---Wireless Syncing
--- Animated backdrops
--- USB accessories
---Official uPnP/DLNA support
---Flash (it'll never happen)

shahins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to see a better photo management for both iPad and iTunes. The photo sync in iTunes gives the user very little control. And in iPad itself there is no way to create new albums, move photos around, etc. Using third party apps like "Photo Manager Pro" helps a little, but I still do not understand why this one feature is so poorly designed (the photo app on iPad is pretty good though).

thejdoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to see Flash support. Apple is dumb for saying they don't support it because of security concerns? Hello?? Anyone find it ironic that the first jailbreak/unlock that came out for iphone 4 using jailbreakme utilized a security flaw found when opening ADOBE PDF's?? If Apple lets you view PDFs, why not view Flash?!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thejdoe said:
I'd like to see Flash support. Apple is dumb for saying they don't support it because of security concerns? Hello?? Anyone find it ironic that the first jailbreak/unlock that came out for iphone 4 using jailbreakme utilized a security flaw found when opening ADOBE PDF's?? If Apple lets you view PDFs, why not view Flash?!

PDFs are just like a word document except better. More stuff you can do with it. It doesn't drain the battery excessively like flash does. Flash constantly changes what is on the screen, like when watching a video. That is super CPU, ram, and battery taxing.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

As long as Steve is at the helm, Flash will never arrive. If Steve's replacement hates Flash, you might need to wait 40 years until he is gone. When I am head of Apple, I promise to give Flash to the masses.

There are workarounds, though.

I think the importance of Flash is overstated. I do not think I have found any web sites I can't access due to my lack of Flash. Perhaps it is because I do have Frash, I do not know.

As long as you are talking about Flash, you might want to review the reasons Jobs does not want Flash. It is not just a matter of security.

You can always download the Skyfire web browser to calm your angst.

Bob

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
As long as Steve is at the helm, Flash will never arrive. If Steve's replacement hates Flash, you might need to wait 40 years until he is gone. When I am head of Apple, I promise to give Flash to the masses.

There are workarounds, though.

I think the importance of Flash is overstated. I do not think I have found any web sites I can't access due to my lack of Flash. Perhaps it is because I do have Frash, I do not know.

As long as you are talking about Flash, you might want to review the reasons Jobs does not want Flash. It is not just a matter of security.

You can always download the Skyfire web browser to calm your angst.

Bob

I know. I don't miss flash at all.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDFs are just like a word document except better. More stuff you can do with it. It doesn't drain the battery excessively like flash does. Flash constantly changes what is on the screen, like when watching a video. That is super CPU, ram, and battery taxing.

No matter how many times people correct this misinformation, it continues to pop up here. Flash uses ZERO extra battery than HTML5 in mobile implementations when flash is set to "on demand". No flash loads unless you want it to. Websites will load NOTHING extra with flash installed when flash is set to "on demand", but they WILL give you a little green arrow where there should be flash content. Tapping on these arrows enables all flash content for the page.

Most reactions