What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the rumors of no computer needed for activation in iOS5 is great and I hope it comes to be true! Then wireless syncing! That would be the best thing apple could do!

FREE MY iPAD2 

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
All the rumors of no computer needed for activation in iOS5 is great and I hope it comes to be true! Then wireless syncing! That would be the best thing apple could do!

FREE MY iPAD2 

And what if the iPad has to be in Restore or DFU mode for some reason? The iDevice can't use the wifi when in Restore/DFU mode. Well, either way it's still awesome.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never realized how much the idevices are tied to a PC before.... until I started playing with android on my Nook Color.

It is so nice being able to do anything without the need for iTunes or a PC!! Never need to connect it to my PC and its awesome!

+1 for no-pc-needed on Ios 5!

Reaction score
jtrosky said:
I never realized how much the idevices are tied to a PC before.... until I started playing with android on my Nook Color.

It is so nice being able to do anything without the need for iTunes or a PC!! Never need to connect it to my PC and its awesome!

It's coming. With iOS 5, future updates can be installed directly on the device, without having to use iTunes.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

To keep my comments on focus ... it will be super to have Nuance voice dictation and communications with iCloud.

Perhaps we will even see Thunderbolt (assumes hidden controller are already inplace in the new iPad2. iPad1 will likely not have that feature. I am guessing here. FWIW

Just for the record, it is no big deal to hook up a USB cable to my Mac Mini ... the instant I plug it in sync and backup start ... takes a few minutes to back up my recent purchases ... then I'm done.

I've been backing up my computers for years ... the day you don't you will find the day will come when you wish you had. For backup you have to connect to another computer, a backup hard drive or send files to the "Cloud"

So the idea of never connecting maybe okay for you. I will just use iTunes and be safe. FWIW.

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jtrosky said:

It's coming. With iOS 5, future updates can be installed directly on the device, without having to use iTunes.

What does one do if the iPad crashes along with your music and stuff? Not so sure eliminating the safety net is a good idea or not. Perhaps an OTA upgrade is ok, but is it not a good idea to make backups?

Meanderpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to see a flash player on the iPad 2 with out having to jailbreak it. I can use half the sites I normally would with my pc which I'm trying to change over from but apple makes it very hard. Even a flash like product that "fools" flash into thinking it's a flash player from adobe. Again I'm not jail broken I'm worried I might break something trying.

AJTaliesen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this is still being read.

1) The ability to use a swype keyboard.

Or, failing that...enable a swyping option on the default keyboard for those of us who like it.

2) I don't even know if this one is possible, but if it is at all possible...it would be nice to be able to grab apps designed for the iphone and just resize them. For most apps it's not an issue...the ipad version is better and a resized phone version would look awful anyway. BUT there are a few exceptions. Some that simply haven't come out with a tablet version yet, and even a couple where the tablet version just wasn't ready when it was released. (example: thinkfree resized would be fine...nothing I use it for on the phone has graphics anyway..just text. There is no ipad version and the phone version wont load. Also Sportacular..the ipad version is beautiful...absolutely gorgeous...but with maybe 1/4 of the information and usefulness the phone version has).

3) a file folder. I know you don't like to give us access to the system without jailbreaking or rooting, but I don't really even need that. I just want somewhere to put stuff. Right now I'm using dropbox and I have zero faith in it's security. It's not a big deal, but sometimes you just need a place to put things. Independent of whatever apps you will be using to work on those files. Sometimes it just storage, sometimes I'm transporting files. And sometimes...just becuase it's nice to know where it will be if I ever decide in the future that I'd like to find it again.

4) THIS IS A BIG ONE. Sorry for putting it fourth..almost forgot...arrow keys on the keyboard. Sometimes the cursor isn't in the right spot and even with the magnifier it can be tedious trying to place it with my big fat fingers.

SC25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to see the ability to switch between programs without the use of the home button, and to close program with a gesture.

Most reactions

Latest posts