What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imovie on ipad 1st gen

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, this seems complex. I tried the jailbroken way of just installing from a certain place but after download it told me installation failed. I'm on 4.2.1. I see where y'all said to go into the system and change the version number but That scaresssss meee...lol not trying to mess the the internal root files. Won't changing that iOS version number mess up things if u try to update? Like iTunes will think u already on new version. So this works jailbroken or not on 4.2.1? If so then u have to change stuff around in the iPad system files?

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin, the worst that can happen is the .ipa won't work, it won't effect the ipad, the only issue some people have been experiencing is that when you sync its removes it, but I think they were using the iphone config utility to do this.

you have to edit the plist to make front facing camera to false and then get rid of the 4.2.6 references and change them to 4.2.1

cheers

edit the ipa file NOT the ipad or iphone plist!!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have unheard of an app that is said to be on par or better thn imovies for iPad, called ReelDirector 3.0? Plus it runs on ipad1 no problem. Since that imovies hack into iPad brings issues with sync to iTunes, I will see what this ReelDirector is about!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin, the worst that can happen is the .ipa won't work, it won't effect the ipad, the only issue some people have been experiencing is that when you sync its removes it, but I think they were using the iphone config utility to do this.

you have to edit the plist to make front facing camera to false and then get rid of the 4.2.6 references and change them to 4.2.1

cheers

edit the ipa file NOT the ipad or iphone plist!!

Ohhhh...ok....I have the file. I will try it out. Have u heard aboit people having issues syncing to iTunes after iMovie install to ipad1? I think it was using non jailbreak method with iPhone utility installation on PC/Mac. They use that to install it to iPad and have those issues afterwards although imovies runs.
Edit: I saw u noticed that also. Yeah, it happens from using the iPhone utility.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just use my Ifiles to edit App file then?

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried out n made a lil funny movie with the ReelDirector app for iPad. Works very well. If imovies does all that n more, I definitely gotta get it wrking..lol

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol...I need to know what do I use to edit the plist of that app. Ifiles seems like it wongpt let me so there must be another app or how do I go about doing it? I understand what to change once I'm in there. I need the means to get in there first ;-) Ifiles or what?

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download a program called editpad pro you can use that to edit.

You need to rename the .ipa as a .zip and then you can access the plist.

Also anyone thats installed iMovie do you notice any text is really jagged??

Cheers

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cheers

I didn't that app in the AppStore. Or is a reg. PC program?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Cheers

Its a pc program....
And if you're jailbroken.....no need for all that....just gotta know where to look.
;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cheers

Its a pc program....
And if you're jailbroken.....no need for all that....just gotta know where to look.
;-)
Ahhhh! Lol I got the info.plist extracted out thru Ifiles but I thinkn I'm makin a mess of that app. It already says minimum OS is 4.2.1 n I saw the front camera part in ui device capabilities, but don't what to change it to...lmfao. Anyways I'll check a few jailbroken places to make life easier! I think I know where ya talkin bout. As I did get imovies from that special place but wouldn't install. I'll keep lookin till I get to the end of the rainbow..lmao
Edit: I gave up on this method....ima look thru my jailbroken places to see ;-)

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cheers

Its a pc program....
;-)

Oh s$&@, I was in the right place the whole damn time..lol I just got the wrong one. Lmfao I was doing all that work for nuthin. Keyword "all devices" on the file and Bam! Now I got Imovies installed. I opened it real quick and it seems like it works. Now it's time to mess aroumd with it. Thnkx for the subtle inspiration or I woulda still been trying to edit that info.plist . Yeah! Now I got ReelDirector, GarageBand, and Imovies. Ipad2 I'm on ur heels with da ipad1...lmao

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup...new version out in that special place that works on 4.2.1
;-)

Oh yeahhhhh!(in Machoman Randy savage voice n grin) already done n installed. Thnkx again!

F$&@ updating to 4.3. I'm staying right where I'm at. Anyways Apple already talking about updating again to 4.3.1 soon. Reason being that guy in that owned contest broke thru iphone4 security thru mobile browser so apple gonna patch it up on new release. Already been stated hackers not gonna release untethered 4.3 jailbreak since exploit was found and will wait till 4.3.1 releases. So I'm good either way!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts