What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Camera Connection Kit - Upgrade voltage hack?

Reaction score
bullka said:
What you can do with this iPad Camera Connection Kit?
When using it with iPad2 (which is not yet jailbroken).

Just transfer images and videos from SD card or USB device?

Is it possible to transfer to iPad2 documents, pfg files, excel or powerpoints files from external storage (eg. USB flash memory)?

Only image transfer is possible.
You can't import documents without a jail broken device, hence the name 'camera connection kit'.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bullka said:
What you can do with this iPad Camera Connection Kit?
When using it with iPad2 (which is not yet jailbroken).

Just transfer images and videos from SD card or USB device?

Is it possible to transfer to iPad2 documents, pfg files, excel or powerpoints files from external storage (eg. USB flash memory)?

Only image transfer is possible.
You can't import documents without a jail broken device, hence the name 'camera connection kit'.

Thanks! Now it seriously makes me want the jailbreak for iPad2 :(

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hoping for a cydia power tweak hack that can revert back the power requirements when it first came with ios 3.++

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know the command to unmount a hard drive in mobile terminal? Also, how can you save your own commands in the popup menu on the left so you don't have to type long commands in every time?

Reaction score
Shihid said:
Advantages of cc ? Other then card reader ...

Huh?

Advantages compared to what? To not having it?

On non-jb iPads, the cc kit can be used to import cameras and videos from cameras.

On jb iPads, it can also be used to get access to thumb drives, external hard drives, etc.

Whether it is worth it depends on your usage.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apart from the lonely post on some shady blog claiming otherwise is there no CC kit hack.

Btw. Apple reduced the current, not the voltage.

Not accurate ... remember Ohm's Law. It is the voltage (pressure) that pushes the current (flow) thru the circuit's resistance. The way you reduce the current is to raise the resistance or lower the voltage. I doubt they increased the resistance, so it is indeed a lower voltage. So many folks get confused over such a simple, but basic relationship... which is the foundation of all electronics and electrical circuits.

I just transferred 10 GB of photos from my other computers ... created DCIM file ... make sure file names are not changed from the Camera original naming. While loading the flash drive the read/write light flashed continuously. While loading to the iPad2, no light what so ever. Tis indeed the voltage ... my friend.

Last edited:

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try that command, it says "sh: umount: command not found"

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Munky said:
When I try that command, it says "sh: umount: command not found"

Are you sure you are not typing unmount by mistake? Easily done. See screenie...

Attachments

• image-78732291.png
    image-78732291.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,170

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like I'm not using the same mobile terminal as you... And yes, I am positive I'm typing it right. Whatm obile terminal are you using? What source is it from?

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a screenie to show (I did figure you were using issh from the AppStore and installed it) still says command not found for umount.

Attachments

• image-758902142.png
    image-758902142.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 353

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have told you that client is completely irrelevant, but was having dinner...
You have OpenSSH installed, right? Try reinstalling...

Most reactions