What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMovie 1.2 on ipad1 4.2.1

iBold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've managed to install the imovie 1.2 on iOS4.2.1.
i changed the Systemversion.Plist with ifile to system 4.3 (+string) reboot and installed it.
than changed the Plist back to old settings..reboot.
Funny thing is that the icon changed to white after i put back the old settings.

The problem is that i have a Wifi ipad and imovie 1.2 needs location setting to be set 'on' for imovie..otherwise it can't see in the local foto and movie library??? :mad:

Does anyone know a workaround for this..?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've managed to install the imovie 1.2 on iOS4.2.1.
i changed the Systemversion.Plist with ifile to system 4.3 (+string) reboot and installed it.
than changed the Plist back to old settings..reboot.
Funny thing is that the icon changed to white after i put back the old settings.

The problem is that i have a Wifi ipad and imovie 1.2 needs location setting to be set 'on' for imovie..otherwise it can't see in the local foto and movie library??? :mad:

Does anyone know a workaround for this..?

Yeah...goto settings then 'general' then 'location services' then find imovie and turn it on. I have wifi only also. It'll work...i have ipad1 running 4.2.1 along with imovie.

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is there any way that move can run on OS 4.3

Uhmmmm....Officially it will only run on ipad2 running 4.3 firmware. Only way to install onto ipad1 is thru jailbreak and......uhmmmmm well....other software.

Yessssss, other software...lmao. I love my jailbroken device.
Just keep looking around for it, OP, the path will show itself to u soon enough, young Jedi ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts