What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imovies available for download now!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saw it available for download. Trying to download it now n see if it'll work on my ipad1. Can't say where I saw it available at but it's there n I'm trying to download it now ;-) it says requirements ipad2, iPhone 4 or 4th generation iPod touch. Also iOS 4.2.6 or higher. Ima still try to see if it'll work.
GarageBand also available, says it wrks on ipad iOS 4.2 or greater. Definitely know that'll work on ipad1 then. Fingers crossed on imovies though.

Last edited:
OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imovies=Failed on ipad1...hopefully newer version will wrk. Will try again later. Installation failed..lol

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMovie should work on iPad 1...just cant use the direct video feature.

Well the version released is ver. 1.2. It told me installation failed. Ill try again then try the 1.1 version to see if it'll work. But it's the 1.2 version that has the audio waveforms and multitouch precision editor for iPad. I figured it should work also because 4th generation iPod touch has 256mb like the IPad. I thght the same thing, only with ipad1 we would have to upload our own video from library into there. Maybe there's still hope for it on ipad1.
Or maybe it might work if u have iOS 4.3 Since requirements are 4.2.6 or higher, as I'm still on jailbroken 4.2.1. Someone else with 4.3 would need to test that out as I have no intention of upgrading until untethered jailbreak is released for 4.3. The untethered 4.2.1 exploit was closed up by apple on 4.3 so new method has to be found. Only a tethered jailbreak is avail. At the moment for 4.3. I gotta have untethered so no worries on reboot or if battery dies out on me.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found it on apple's developer page but didnt find it when specifically searching for it. Tried to buy but it gave me the error that it was not compatable with my ipad due to not having a front facing camera.

But no worries I found it else where. ;-)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the fact that we cannot circulate movie files around as we wish on the iPad be the reason why iMovies is not available for us yet? Since there's no way to do it in Videos but with the use of iTunes it would be difficult to make movies on iPad 1. Since there are cameras on iPad 2 iMovies would then be limited to the sequences you shoot fresh.

Before I get flamed, this was just a theory. Apple's got us so used to closed loops that since we're not yet told officially why iMovie is not on iPad 1 I just assumed the worst...

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You CAN easily install iMovie on the iPad 1, even if you are not jailbroken. I'll edit this post in a few mins with a link to the very simple instructions on how to load iMovie on your iPad 1.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see there is another thread about installing it on the iPad 1 already (under "iPad Hacking").

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got GarageBand! That's a really great app, if only it had existed 35 years ago...:D

Yeah, I also got Garage band late last night when I posted. It is really cool. Gotta play with it somemore but its a great app.

Most reactions

Latest posts