What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMessage blocked

panicit1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At my school every person is issued an iPad 2 and iMessage was able to be used fine for the first two weeks but now disabled it some how not allowing anyone to use it when a message is sent the following error message is displayed "not delivered" I am positive it has nothing to do with my iPad this same message also appears I am looking for anyway to bypass this or any allternative to messaging with iPads without downloading any apps form the app store (we are aloud to download only specific apps)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
panicit1 said:
At my school every person is issued an iPad 2 and iMessage was able to be used fine for the first two weeks but now disabled it some how not allowing anyone to use it when a message is sent the following error message is displayed "not delivered" I am positive it has nothing to do with my iPad this same message also appears I am looking for anyway to bypass this or any allternative to messaging with iPads without downloading any apps form the app store (we are aloud to download only specific apps)

Have you thought of the possibility that the school deliberately disabled this feature so that messages couldn't be passed among students? Preventing its use during exams and quizzes are two examples. Why do you want to bypass these blocks?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition - the only people who can really help y)u enable iMessage on that iPad are the people [at the school] who administer support for that iPad.

So, my only suggestion is to go to them for assistance in using iMessage. If it's not something they are actively blocking, I am sure they can help. If they ARE blocking it - then no, you're not going to be able to use iMessage on that school-owned iPad.

Marilyn

OP
P

panicit1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that they are purposely blocking blocking it I'm just looking for some type of bypass anyone know of any?

OP
P

panicit1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason I would like to bypass this is because I want to message my friends on it. We aren't even aloud to use our iPads on the tests :p

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
panicit1 said:
The reason I would like to bypass this is because I want to message my friends on it. We aren't even aloud to use our iPads on the tests :p

My advice is to talk to your friends face to face outside of class. Trying to circumvent the school imposed iMessage block on your iPad could get you in trouble at school.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
(And your teacher or network administrator might be a member here, and you wouldn't want to get us into trouble, would you?)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
panicit1 said:

Actually, the message is being sent, the issue is if someone has a Mac that is signed in with IMessage then it shows you that the message was not delivered however the message is delivered, the only way to get rid of the error message is to find out who has a Mac with Imessage signed in. As stated, your messages are going through but on your end it will show not delivered, no worries as they are, too check this, check whom ever you are sending messages to and you'll see your message delivered

Most reactions

Latest posts