What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the vineyard looks like the first two pictures. There are not many leaves. You're right: the harvest will be greatly reduced, but not only in Apetlon. This happened all over Austria.
The price of this years vintage will be quite expensive, then.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This cherry tree is growing beside a Senior's apartment building.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Island Green - TPC Sawgrass - Ponte Vedra Beach, FL!

The Player's Championship is in progress on the Pete Dye Stadium Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, just south of Jacksonville. The iconic Island Green is the 17th hole - brief description below (link at end) of the short par 3 - despite being one of the easiest greens to 'hit' on that course by the pros (amateurs do not fare as well, i.e more that 100,000 golf balls fished out of the water every year!) - several pics, including an aerial view of the hole and the daunting position of the tee area - if a player goes into the water, the choices are to shoot from the same tee or to use the 'drop area' (one stroke penalty either way). Yesterday, Will Wilcox made a rare 'hole-in-one' there, the first in 14 years of tournament play. Dave :)

OOPS - misspelled Ponte on my first image - Ponte is correct!

TPC Sawgrass' signature hole is the Stadium Course's 17th, known simply as the "Island Green," although it is technically a peninsula. It measures only 132 yards (121 m) from tee to green (requiring only a pitching wedge for most pros), but it consists of nothing but a 78-foot (24 m)-long green with a tiny bunker in front of it. Save a small path to the green, the green is completely surrounded by water, and its location amidst many trees causes the wind to swirl over it. Club selection in the weather conditions at the hole is a huge consideration, as there is nowhere to land the ball but on the green, in the small bunker, or in the water. It is estimated that more than 100,000 balls are retrieved from the surrounding water every year, courtesy of professionals and tourists alike (Source).
704x422.png
489579901.jpg
tpc-sawgrass-players-course-17.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club

Well, since I just mentioned the Ponte Vedra Beach area on my previous post - a number of golf courses are part of the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club complex - we've stayed there twice, usually in one of the oceanfront rooms across the street on the view below (Nos. 10 or 11 on the diagram) - this is a 5-Diamond resort w/ plenty of housing options and great food - just south of Jacksonville and a short drive further south to St. Augustine (founded by the Spanish in 1565). Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 3.17.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 3.18.20 PM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello All! :) Susan & I are away on a trip to the western Pandandle of Florida - staying at the Watercolor Inn & Resort - couple pics below - the white sand is powdery, almost like sifted flour and the Gulf Coast colors of the water beautiful. Today, we are off on a day trip into Pensacola - main goals, Fort Pickens, the National Naval Aviation Museum and a seafood lunch! Will do a travelogue on my return. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts