What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Johanna - very nice bouquet - assume part of a Teacher's Appreciation day?

In the United States, a tradition that goes back to Eleanor Roosevelt (quote below - Source) - Dave :)

View attachment 71462
It was for something we did in preparation for and on last Sunday. We don't celebrate Teacher's Appreciation Day in Austria.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
6eebc54e37b5e77c24784976ba389533.jpg

Canon
25379b00f7a1a3cadd19b3e4678e9734.jpg

Same orchid, iPhone

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yesterday, Susan & I attended a Sunday matinee of a local production of Buddy (first image below) in a small intimate local theater - the 'musical' was about 3 years in the life of the 1950s Texas 'rock & roller' Buddy Holly (who died in a plane crash at the age of 23 yrs) - the main role was played by a local performer, Gray Smith, who had Buddy's voice pretty 'spot on' - saw him also in a Hank Williams show a few years ago, and he was excellent in that role - quite enjoyable - amazing that all of the performers are volunteers from the area and are not payed (my BIL in Montauk, Long Island does the same often).

Now, I also own the 1978 film of The Buddy Holly Story on DVD w/ Gary Busey, who does his own singing and guitar playing (an amazing performance) - the soundtrack of that film received an Oscar - I'm really waiting for a blu-ray restoration, especially for the sound - crossing my fingers. Post for Buddy fans! :) Dave

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 7.11.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 6.31.14 PM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The gas company is replacing the gas connections in our neighbourhood. Today they're locating the exact locations of every connection. Here's my connection. My line comes in from the left to connect to the gas line.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the building behind the photographer the Spanish Riding School, where the Lipizzan horses are trained?
The building behind the photographer is called Hofburg Palace, and part of it is the Spanish Riding School. The part you're seeing on my photo, is St. Michael's Wing, facing St. Michael's Square, and doesn't belong to Stallburg, where the horses are trained and shown.
For more information:
Hofburg Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The photographer was here, approximately:
image.jpeg

Wikipedia

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mercury crosses the sun today (time lapse photo below) - visible from much of the earth (see map) - a rare event (see quote below w/ link @ end). Dave :)

Mercury might orbit the Sun every 88 days, but seeing it cross in front of the Sun is much rarer. That only happens roughly 13 times each century, and the technology to safely watch this happen hasn't been widely available. It’s been a decade since the last rare but beautiful sighting of Mercury crossing the sun appeared. Today, the event is happening again, and you can watch the whole thing happen here between 10:30-11:30 am (EST) (Source).
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 12.10.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 12.21.30 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts