What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm on my Ipad!

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
Well I'm actually sitting here watching Glee, watching the puppies play, playing with the iPad. itunes r still messed up..hubby has a few ideas he will work on in the a.m. I have an open ticket with Apple and appointments at the Apple Store to complete set-ups tomorrow.

Life is good.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations - it's great to hear.

I hate iTunes - I connected my iPad to my PC on the first day - experience with iTunes was so negative that I've never connected it again and, now, 6 months later and with not a single problem, I'm happy.

I hope you get your problems sorted out.

Enjoy the iPad - the only person I know who really understands iTunes is twerppoet - I suspect he wrote the program....:D

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just used and played around with it, a lot, like since version one. And I'm on a Mac, which helps with the stability issues.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first time I plugged in my iPad2 with iTunes running, I'm on a PC, nothing happened. I was like great. The Apple Mobile Service was started and set to Manual well iTunes didn't like that so I had to set it to Automatic, rebooted and bam iPad came up in iTunes. That was the first and last time my iPad was connected to iTunes.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

I hate iTunes - I connected my iPad to my PC on the first day - experience with iTunes was so negative that I've never connected it again and, now, 6 months later and with not a single problem, I'm happy.

Enjoy the iPad - the only person I know who really understands iTunes is twerppoet - I suspect he wrote the program....:D

Tim

What about backups Tim? Surely you aren't leaving things to chance? :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I hardly ever back up ~ I can't say when the last time was, I think when I JB. There really isn't much to back up.:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

As Marie said, backup what? If my iPad goes down, I can reload all my (very few) apps for free, I keep all my work on iDisk and all the movies I download are free ones from UTunes. What do I need iTunes for? It's a minefield - just count the number of posts we get on iPF from people who have messed everything up using iTunes. How many do we get that say their iPad has failed and they've lost everything (except when they connect it to iTunes)? I can't think of one...

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

As Marie said, backup what? If my iPad goes down, I can reload all my (very few) apps for free, I keep all my work on iDisk and all the movies I download are free ones from UTunes. What do I need iTunes for? It's a minefield - just count the number of posts we get on iPF from people who have messed everything up using iTunes. How many do we get that say their iPad has failed and they've lost everything (except when they connect it to iTunes)? I can't think of one...

Tim

Yup. You don't even wanna know how many apps I have.:)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i hate itunes. always have. not because i get problems because i dont. (touch wood) i always get a good smooth operation with all my kit and software. i just hater itunes.

but since getting my ipad ive decided to bite the bullet and give it a chance. learn how it works and how it can work for me. must admit, its a fairly painless thing to do.
Because i use my ipod for business and updating apps with personal details, i find it satisfying to back up my purchases and personal info every saturday afternoon or so. just to be safe. only takes 5 mins max, and i have piece of mind.

Still friggin hate it though :p

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too many apps, and more importantly, too many that require data transfer. I don't hate it, just wish they would re-write it, re-vamp the totally crazy UI, so that it was at least a little intuitive. If we have to use it, which we do..... Let's have something better

Larry118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm actually sitting here watching Glee, watching the puppies play, playing with the iPad. itunes r still messed up..hubby has a few ideas he will work on in the a.m. I have an open ticket with Apple and appointments at the Apple Store to complete set-ups tomorrow.

Life is good.

Glad you're up a running, Dee. I'm still waiting my mine to be delivered.

Larry

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a horrible time with iTunes when I first hooked up my new iPad! iTunes wouldn't even recognize my new iPad 2 so I couldn't even set it up! I spent almost 90 minutes on phone with apple 2nd tier help. Nice guy, was very patient. Problem is, apple has a new version of iTunes every time I turn around and my old computer can never install it properly! He had to take me through step by long tedious step to manually uninstall every old version of iTunes that remained on my old laptop ( each time shutting down computer and patiently waiting for it to come back up!). Took a very long time but FINALLY worked! Now when I hook up to iTunes and it says new version I say NO! I wish they had a better system! for some reason I just cannot install any new versions.
Annette

Larry118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's here!!!! I was just leaving for a dentist appointment at 11:30 this morning when the FedEx truck pulled up. It blocked by driveway, but I wasn't complaining. Had to wait about 3 hours before I could open the package. Guess what I'll be doing tonight?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dee Ashley said:

Life is good.

IPad is the ultamate couch potato device! :D

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I think iTunes is great! Still to this day I have no idea why people are so negative towards it. I've never had a single issue browsing in iTunes or downloading or synching or searching or backing up or copying CD's or downloading digital movies or whatever. And just for a little background I purchased a 1st Generation Nano in early 2006 and have been using iTunes since. What I dislike a lot more is the dang Google messages and pop-ups asking me to install Chrome or set my default browser... bah!

Most reactions

Latest posts