1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Battery power / "sleep" question...

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by stimeygee, Dec 9, 2013.

1. stimeygee

stimeygee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used to have an iPad 1, and my wife has an iPad 2. In both cases, if we weren't using the iPad, the battery would last for a very long time. Weeks. And that's without turning it off - clearly the iPad wasn't doing anything when it was sitting there, it was just "sleeping" as it were.

I recently bought an iPad 3 from ebay. The battery life itself seems OK, in that when I'm using the thing to watch movies, say, it lasts for a decent amount of time. But when I leave it sitting and unused, I'll come back to it a few days later and find it dead.

I've tried to turn off anything that would be causing this, but it's still happening. So maybe I'm missing something. (Obviously I could power it down, but that's a hassle and something that my 3 year old daughter would never remember to do consistently.)

Thoughts? What should I be turning off so it can sit unused for a very long time? I don't use it for anything other than watching downloaded videos on airplanes, and my daughter playing offline apps. Any other reason this might be happening?
  2. abababababab

abababababab iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +670 / 0
    This should not happen, because my iPad remains switched on, the whole night, without significant drop in battery. It may be a battery defect.