What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery power / "sleep" question...

stimeygee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to have an iPad 1, and my wife has an iPad 2. In both cases, if we weren't using the iPad, the battery would last for a very long time. Weeks. And that's without turning it off - clearly the iPad wasn't doing anything when it was sitting there, it was just "sleeping" as it were.

I recently bought an iPad 3 from ebay. The battery life itself seems OK, in that when I'm using the thing to watch movies, say, it lasts for a decent amount of time. But when I leave it sitting and unused, I'll come back to it a few days later and find it dead.

I've tried to turn off anything that would be causing this, but it's still happening. So maybe I'm missing something. (Obviously I could power it down, but that's a hassle and something that my 3 year old daughter would never remember to do consistently.)

Thoughts? What should I be turning off so it can sit unused for a very long time? I don't use it for anything other than watching downloaded videos on airplanes, and my daughter playing offline apps. Any other reason this might be happening?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This should not happen, because my iPad remains switched on, the whole night, without significant drop in battery. It may be a battery defect.

Most reactions