What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud Keychain - multiple users on same Apple ID?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi All,

Now, I may know the answer to my thread title, but would just like to see what options may be available? And I'm sure that others may be asking the same question?

Wife (Suenc here) has an iPad Mini & uses our iMac; I'm on a MBPro + an old iPad2 - we both have separate PW programs (I use SplashID & she, DataVault) - so far I've shunned iCloud (using 'find' function but just don't need the sync) - I mentioned Keychain to her and she was interested - not saying that I need to change but my question - we are on the same Apple ID (can exchange apps & iBook purchases; and is my iCloud account) - if I want to keep our logins/passwords separate, do I simply have her setup a new iCloud account, or are there other choices in handling this situation (I can't imagine having a bunch of kids @ home on these devices!) - thanks for any suggestions. Dave

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can keep the same itunes account for your purchases and make her a new icloud ID for her to use keychain.

And yes, it is a nightmare trying to manage multiple accounts especially since you can't merge/split different accounts right now.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same issue please someone tell us how.
To create a new iCloud account, go to Settings - iCloud and delete an existing account. If "Find my iPad" is enabled, you need to enter the password.
Then you're able to create a new account, just tap "Get a free Apple ID":

image-2256149077.jpg

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts