1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iCloud syncing to multiple devices

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by burticle, Dec 5, 2011.

1. burticle

burticle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I work in a school where we've just bought 25 iPads. We were hoping to be able to use iCloud to sync all of these with exactly the same APPs. However despite the fact that we bought them all from the same place with the same spec etc some sync fine whilst others won't sync at all via iCloud. Does anyone know why? We have one Apple account.
  2. davidalan99

davidalan99 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can only work iCloud at this time with a single Apple ID, and therefore a limit of 10 devices per ID.

Found this on the web

Full article
    http://www.tuaw.com/2011/08/09/apple-id-account-device-limits-gain-attention/

Short quote
    When you use Apple's new multi-device download feature, you will be limited to a total of 10 devices and computers, each authorized with the same Apple ID. What's more, once a device or computer has been assigned to an Apple ID, it cannot be reassigned for 90 days. Apple's Knowledge Base support article details how you can deauthorize devices, and how to check the wait time before they can be re-assigned.

From apple support
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627

When you turn on Automatic Downloads or download past purchases on an iOS device or computer, your device or computer will be associated with your Apple ID. Your Apple ID can have up to 10 devices and computers (combined) associated with it. Each computer must also be authorized using the same Apple ID. Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days. You can view which devices or computers are currently associated, remove unused devices or computers, and see how long before they can be associated with a different Apple ID from the Account Information page in iTunes on your computer:

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  3. RogerKahn

RogerKahn iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    BridgetheGap is correct - here is another useful reference: Frequently Asked Questions - iPadCart.info. Included is a list of specific reasons why wireless syncing is neither feasible or preferable over USB wired syncing.
  4. burticle

burticle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks for the comments guys, most appreciated! I've had a look at the site mentioned but it is US so not much use to me as I'm in the UK. The products look spot on though, just what we're after. Does anyone know of any UK companies making a similar product?
  5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0