What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud syncing to multiple devices

burticle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work in a school where we've just bought 25 iPads. We were hoping to be able to use iCloud to sync all of these with exactly the same APPs. However despite the fact that we bought them all from the same place with the same spec etc some sync fine whilst others won't sync at all via iCloud. Does anyone know why? We have one Apple account.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can only work iCloud at this time with a single Apple ID, and therefore a limit of 10 devices per ID.

Found this on the web

Full article
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/08/09/apple-id-account-device-limits-gain-attention/

Short quote
When you use Apple's new multi-device download feature, you will be limited to a total of 10 devices and computers, each authorized with the same Apple ID. What's more, once a device or computer has been assigned to an Apple ID, it cannot be reassigned for 90 days. Apple's Knowledge Base support article details how you can deauthorize devices, and how to check the wait time before they can be re-assigned.

From apple support
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627

When you turn on Automatic Downloads or download past purchases on an iOS device or computer, your device or computer will be associated with your Apple ID. Your Apple ID can have up to 10 devices and computers (combined) associated with it. Each computer must also be authorized using the same Apple ID. Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days. You can view which devices or computers are currently associated, remove unused devices or computers, and see how long before they can be associated with a different Apple ID from the Account Information page in iTunes on your computer:

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
B

burticle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for the comments guys, most appreciated! I've had a look at the site mentioned but it is US so not much use to me as I'm in the UK. The products look spot on though, just what we're after. Does anyone know of any UK companies making a similar product?

Most reactions

Latest posts