What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud - How to Change a Password?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum - could not find one on iCloud - but my wife left her purse on the porch today and could not find it, so we used 'Find My iPhone' on her iMac and located the purse - BUT, for some reason her iCloud password (PW) no longer seems to work.

It's now midnight here and I've tried to change her PW so that it will work on her iMac & iPad Mini - we share the same Apple ID, but have different iCloud accounts (mine is the same as our Apple ID; hers is different) - I cannot figure out how to simply get her a new PW - there must be a simple solution, however, I need to go to bed; SO, any easy suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An iCloud ID is nothing else but an Apple ID, used for iCloud. If you want to change the password, go to this site:
Apple - Apple ID
Select "Reset your password", and follow the instructions afterwards (enter ID, ...).

Hope that helps.

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew & Johanna - had gone to both sites - finally, just entered our shared Apple ID password into Susan's iCloud login name and it worked - I know there was a different PW for her - last night her iDevices were backed up to her account and my iPad to my account, so will just stick w/ that plan for the moment. Dave :)

Most reactions