What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud account and credit card

ethbarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, hope you can help me.
When i go into settings and i cloud, i see that under the 5 gb storage, they ask me for a valid credit card.
But the 5 gb is free. So do i still have to enter credit card details?
I haven't done that. So is that why my icloud doesn't work?
I can't use my me. email address either. It kept saying that the password is incorrect.
And now it says that the email address is rejected by the server.

Please help/advice.
Ellen

Last edited:

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think you can set-up an AppleID without some sort of payment option (debit or credit card number, even just one of those iTunes cards you can get in stores).

As for your password, visit appleid.apple.com to reset.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it's just like the iTunes Store; even if you only want to 'purchase' free apps, you still need either a valid credit card or gift card.

Tim

OP
E

ethbarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it's just like the iTunes Store; even if you only want to 'purchase' free apps, you still need either a valid credit card or gift card.

Tim

Ok. I went online to check. Rsults:
When i try to put my credit card in ther, it says that I already have it backed by my $50 gift card.
The I went to appleid.com and there they say that my . me emailaddress has already been verified.
No problems there so either.
I still can't use icloud.
Any more suggestions anybody?
Ellen.

OP
E

ethbarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yes, this might be the problem: My account for apple id and for iclouid is "one thing at yahoo.ie"
But when I write a messga in the icloud account it's trying to send it as "one thing at me.com"

So I don't really see what went wrong here. They did give me a "one thing at me.com " email address. But my account is the ".ie" address.
Sooo confusing.

OP
E

ethbarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK. The problem has been solved. Called Apple and The problem seems to be that mail, contacts and calendar do not sync properly with Yahoo contacts, mail and calendar. That works better via Itunes. So 'm sticking to itunes.
The icloud will only sync some other things like iworks.

Most reactions

Latest posts