What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems getting apple id account with credit card

Aninix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to do a search on this but found nothing.

Don´t know if anyone can help or direct me somewhere for advice. Live in Spain, am English with a barclaycard billed to address in Spain. I can´t register ipad or get apple id because of the above. Seems to be only 2 options - either have spanish credit card billed to spain (which I don´t) or english credit card billed to england!!!! (which I don´t either as live in Spain)! Any thoughts about what to do???? Sorry if posted in wrong place.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an easy way around this problem - create the account without a credit card.

Here's Apple's official instructions on how to do this...

Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

You need a relevant gift card, but they're easily available on the Internet if you don't have a way of acquiring one directly yourself. Since you only need the code off the back of the gift card and not the physical card itself, the code can be emailed to you and you can therefore be up and running in minutes...

Tim

OP
A

Aninix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for your swift reply. I had actually tried to open an account without a credit card by selcting the "none" option as advised but the Spanish store does not have that option - you can only choose between visa, mastercard or American Express!!!! I went into the app store in the itunes store in Spain which I have to use here and then I couldn´t create an account that way. There were no links only via the itunes spanish site. I then went through troubleshooting in Spanish on that site and of course nothing with my problem.

Sorry but I don´t know what you mean by a gift card - I am a total NOOB!!!

Going to solve problem by getting a Spanish credit card. thanks for your help anyway.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - sorry - a gift card - well, OK, in the UK and US are credit card size cards that you can purchase at supermarket checkouts - normally people buy them as gifts for friends, family and relatives,....you choose how much 'credit' you want to put on the card and then that's available to the lucky recipient...

Tim

OP
A

Aninix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
Thanks. No can´t do that here!!!

On another note, didn´t know where to put this but am also having problems with wi fi connection!! Am just about ready to give this ipad back to the shop and buy a notebook!!

Have been on apple support but can´t post becuase don´t have an apple id. On left hand corner of ipad get wi fi signal but know I´m not connected because I read somewhere that if IP starts with 169 you´re not connected. Have unplugged router and started it again. Have given the correct key. Have done the reset newwork in settings etc.

I have wlan-DD. The ipad cannot connect to any other network. Should I ring up my network provider. Do I need to upgrade software to router. To be honest, they can barely help me when I have regular probs with computer.

just to let you know that my sis and family were here last week and they have iphones and they connected to my wi fi at home with no probs.

Any ideas????

OP
A

Aninix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
Thanks. No can´t do that here!!!

On another note, didn´t know where to put this but am also having problems with wi fi connection!! Am just about ready to give this ipad back to the shop and buy a notebook!!

Have been on apple support but can´t post becuase don´t have an apple id. On left hand corner of ipad get wi fi signal but know I´m not connected because I read somewhere that if IP starts with 169 you´re not connected. Have unplugged router and started it again. Have given the correct key. Have done the reset newwork in settings etc.

I have wlan-DD. The ipad cannot connect to any other network. Should I ring up my network provider. Do I need to upgrade software to router. To be honest, they can barely help me when I have regular probs with computer.

just to let you know that my sis and family were here last week and they have iphones and they connected to my wi fi at home with no probs.

Any ideas????

Hi Tim,

Solved the problem! I rang my internet provider and we changed the wlan settings and new key. When he gave me the new key and told me to enter half the numbers in capitals, it dawned on me that I had entered my previous key in lower case and that was the problem!!!!! How embarrassing! It´s generally sth simple and I feel a real idiot but at least the problem is solved. Now I´ll see if I can set up an email address and get hold of a Spanish credit card :D:D

Most reactions

Latest posts