iBooks store question

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by Sincere11105, Apr 13, 2010.

1. DArenson

DArenson
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm a Dean Koontz fan myself. I think for a while, you'll have to use both iBooks and the Kindle app. :)

2. The Alternative

The Alternative
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The main difference from other apps to iBooks is that it IS a store. Very few apps are money makers AFTER they've been downloaded. The iBook store has a lot of potential and is so very new that judgements shouldn't be called as to which is best. Ten years ago Napster was THE place to download music and iTunes didn't exist. iTunes has surpassed it and every other music site out there in less than a decade. I'm not saying the iBook store will crush Amazon but upcoming changes will only improve it. (Plus I wish them well because I dislike all things Kindle. :) IMO)

3. thompson90

thompson90
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone tell me,do you need wifi to read a book? I know on my iPod I do not but it is kindle not iBooks. Thanks.

4. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    It works exactly the same on the iPad as on the iPod. Once you get the book on your iPad, you don't need to be connected. The biggest difference between buying books with iBooks and Amazon is that you can only buy iBooks on your iPad so obviously for that, you do need to be connected.

5. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    The experience will be the same as your iPod. Same readers (Kindle, Kobo, B&N, Borders, Txtr, Goodreader...etc.) and same behavior in purchasing. You can also drag and drop non DRM ePubs and PDF's into iBooks while connected to iTunes. I have gotten to where I have WIFI off a lot as there is just so much to do on the iPad that doesn't involve the internet. That's funny because when I got it 4 months ago I thought it's only use was email, and internet browser..... ;)

6. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    All store browsers have several features that irate me.

They always push their choices up front. I don't CARE about romances...

Let's say you found a subject that has several choices spread over multiple pages, if you tap on a book to see more info, when you're done with that book you have to do the search over... And wait for pages to load when there are fifteen... Can't we have the whole of the choices in one page? The worst are Apple iBooks and the App Store.

Why do authors have some ebook titles in some stores and others in different stores that are not the same? And then part of their bibliography will never be had in ebooks because their rights were signed with a paper publisher...?