What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks Uthor

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone tried out iBooks Author yet? If so, how effective is it at incorporating math?

The first texts in the new version of iBooks don't use very complicated math---at most fractions, exponents, greek letters, and the like. I haven't seen integrals and things of that nature.

But I am hoping----.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is from the Help menu.

Use the Characters window to insert special characters, such as mathematical symbols, letters with accent marks, emoticons, arrows, and other dingbats. You can also use this window to enter Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean characters, as well as characters from other languages.

If you’ve installed MathType (a third-party application for creating mathematical expressions and equations), you can open it within iBooks Author.

Looks like you can do about anything you want, if you can use MathType.

H

heySkippy

No math involved, but I've been working on an iBooks Author book. Hoping to be done in another couple weeks.

cryaway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I just finished making a book with ibooks author. I used a template I found in iTunes and adjusted it for my work. I have symbols on there that I copied and pasted. So they're like images. Didn't use any high math so didn't look into that area. Hope this helped.

Most reactions

Latest posts