I will be annoyed if the iPad 3 is released this September.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Nunnotha, Jul 1, 2011.

1. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:

1) "the tablet market could still go bust." is not prediction. It's simply a statement of what could happen...

2) You quoted: "which has made the once-promising netbook market nearly obsolete." Netbooks were the rage not long ago...proof that even though a product seems promising, it could still fade from usage.

3) How fast a product categories grows says nothing about its longevity. Growth rate is not the same as penetration. Tablets of all types are still rare..and attitudes could change.

2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

You are right. It is just a RUMOR. One that everyone falls for every time. Next spring, guys. Apple typically releases an upgrade as far as the iPad goes, a year later. NOT in the same year.

3. ColemanLee09

ColemanLee09
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    All good, as always, sell the old device 1 month before the release of the new device, then buy the new one :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

4. jevans911

jevans911
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'll be pretty hacked off if the iPad 3 comes out so soon after I bought my iPad2. I just got it a little over a month ago but would gave waited if I knew that the 3 would be out so soon....

Joe Evans

5. Biggysmallz

Biggysmallz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am not worried or concerned. I went from the original ipad to ipad 2 mainly because it was faster and it could run movie maker well. my interest in an ipad 3 would depend on what it offers. if if just retina display, that will not interest me one bit.
    I am not a gamer so even more power at this point is not going to entice me. That ipad 3 would have to do some extremely awesome things to get me interested.

I suspect they will bump up the camera quality but that too is not going to do it for me. I don't find that I rely on the ipad to take pictures.

6. jevans911

jevans911
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think a higher definition display would be the main draw for me on an iPad 3

Joe

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

7. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Auto manufacturers, for example, should not release new models until they can no longer sell the old ones.

8. Biggysmallz

Biggysmallz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but unlike older motor vehicles that are still popular and are sought after, when you trend up with technological gizmos, the older one is perceived as useless.

9. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Uh, right...That's why there's such a hot market for 2009 Chevy's. The point is that if you're bound and determined to have the latest "technological gizmo" you'll find it to be a rather expensive obsession. An iPad3 will not reduce the functionality of an iPad2 one iota. The fact that it is no longer quite as powerful a status symbol is another issue.

10. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I would suggest that it is indeed wild speculation.......on your part.

The Archangel

#30 Gabriel1, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011