What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7-Inch iPad Said to Be Coming in August, Followed by 10-Inch One in September

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
7-Inch iPad Said to Be Coming in August, Followed by 10-Inch One in Q4

iPad_mini_kotaku_report.JPG

MacRumors reports today on some new rumours that have surfaced on Digitimes about the next iPad and iPhone. All the new information contained in the story is said to be directly from sources in Apple’s supply chain, most likely from within Pegatron, as most of the new rumours centre around Pegatron. Specifically, Digitimes says that Apple has placed orders with Pegatron for a new 10-inch iPad to be released in Q4 of this year, as well as for a new iPhone, to be launched in September of this year. Digitimes also mentions that it has heard from other sources within Apple’s supply chain that Foxconn will be making a 7-inch iPad for Apple, which is due to be released as soon as this August. I’m actually more inclined to believe this than to believe that Apple will be releasing another bigger iPad as soon as the end of this year, having already released one iPad at the start of the year.

Source: Report Claims 7-Inch iPad in August, New iPhone in September, New 10-Inch iPad by End of Year - Mac Rumors

Last edited:

AwesomePossum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those just look like scaled down thumbnails >_>

That said, I'm excited for different sizes of the device. I think offering more sizes is important for people to discover varying uses for the iPad

AwesomePossum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not leaping out of my seat with excitement, of course, but like I said, I think it's a step forward in getting the product out there.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AwesomePossum said:
I'm not leaping out of my seat with excitement, of course, but like I said, I think it's a step forward in getting the product out there.

I'm very excited about this and hope to see this in August!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maura said:
I'm really starting to think a 7-inch iPad is on the way!

Maura- I am thinking the same. I'd like to get one if it comes out in August. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the size of the current iPad. Unless the 7" is going to be a phone as well I don't see a need.

Bobbi

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can see a 7" iPad being quite useful, especially if it comes with serious amounts of storage (128Gb). It would be ideal for use in a vehicle.

grecile ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am happy with the current IPad - but it will be more interesting if Apple could allow flash player

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
I admit - I like the idea of a 7" iPad and yes, could be good competition for the Android devices ;)...

TaraMorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not in the least interested in another ipad, i plan to use the New Ipad for 2yrs before upgrading ...iphone 5 was expected last yr so here's hoping Apple would focus on releasing a complete product not just a add on:rolleyes:

Most reactions

Latest posts