What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want a new fun exciting App!

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, here is my list (hope you like it)

-Geometry wars
-Tiki towers
-New York roller coaster
-Zombie ville
-Dino cap
-Magic piano
-Noby noby boy

The absolute most entertaining one is,

Plants Vs Zombies HD
:)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking at this police scanner App and it was cheap, but now I can't find it!
It was probably 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner. Good news for you its on sale today for only $1.99 to celebrate their 2,000,000th download! (That's 2 MILLION downloads) This is the iPhone/iPod version. The iPad version is still $4.99, but you are buying it to hear the scanner stuff, not to look at, right? Plus it also has tons of "bonus feeds" or streaming audio - everything from Acid House to Zouk (whatever that is?) I am 53 and I have 3 different "all Beatles" station streams. Groovy, man!

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Col wonders what is an exciting app

I mean what do you like to do
Pool
Pinball
Billiards
Adventure
Ping pong
Scrabble

Oh I am sleepy from writing tell Us your desire and we will provide an answer......
Ie games for iPad

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Piyo Blocks 2 is the BEST match-3 type game out there, and the colours on the ipad just light up the screen. Try the lite version. Although the full version is pretty cheap anyway.

Also Peggle (iphone version - doesnt look too bad when scaled) is a great time waster.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a link to a site I go top

iPad Creative - iPad Creative Blog

read about and play the video for the first app talked about.... Very innovative...... I don't have it, but it's the kind of thing that really shows the unique things that are possible on the iPad....

Thank you! I will def check this out!"

It was probably 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner. Good news for you its on sale today for only $1.99 to celebrate their 2,000,000th download! (That's 2 MILLION downloads) This is the iPhone/iPod version. The iPad version is still $4.99, but you are buying it to hear the scanner stuff, not to look at, right? Plus it also has tons of "bonus feeds" or streaming audio - everything from Acid House to Zouk (whatever that is?) I am 53 and I have 3 different "all Beatles" station streams. Groovy, man!

Lol! I think you are right, it was on sale.

Col wonders what is an exciting app

I mean what do you like to do
Pool
Pinball
Billiards
Adventure
Ping pong
Scrabble

Oh I am sleepy from writing tell Us your desire and we will provide an answer......
Ie games for iPad

A cool App, Col, is one that is colorful, fun, not boring;). I have a pin ball App, come to think about it...isn't pool and billiards the same thing, oh and don't you owe me lunch? I'm thinking ya do:)

Piyo Blocks 2 is the BEST match-3 type game out there, and the colours on the ipad just light up the screen. Try the lite version. Although the full version is pretty cheap anyway.

Also Peggle (iphone version - doesnt look too bad when scaled) is a great time waster.

I will try the lite version, thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...come to think about it...isn't pool and billiards the same thing...?
Sort of...

According to the owner and moderator of billiardsforum.info:

"Hah the answer will probably suprise you. "Billiards" is a term which describe all games that are played on a billiard table. The real name for what we call pool is "pocket billiards".

"Pocket Billiards" is just one version of Billiards. Some billiard games are played on tables where pockets don't even exist, such as 3 cushion or bar billiards.

In the 19 century "poolrooms" existed, but were not the pool rooms that we know today. They were simply betting parlors where people came in to bet on horse races or play poker. They were called "poolrooms" because everything involved a "pool" of money.

While people sat around the pool room and waited on results, they installed pocket billiard tables. People of course began to gamble on these too. Therefore, the name "pool" became attached to billiards simply because of the betting, and it has nothing to do with actually playing the game. When people say something like "Hey, want to play some pool" we all know that they are referring to billiards, but technically they are asking you if you want to play a bet."

Clear as mud, eh? This is way more that you really wanted to know, right?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...come to think about it...isn't pool and billiards the same thing...?
Sort of...

According to the owner and moderator of billiardsforum.info:

"Hah the answer will probably suprise you. "Billiards" is a term which describe all games that are played on a billiard table. The real name for what we call pool is "pocket billiards".

"Pocket Billiards" is just one version of Billiards. Some billiard games are played on tables where pockets don't even exist, such as 3 cushion or bar billiards.

In the 19 century "poolrooms" existed, but were not the pool rooms that we know today. They were simply betting parlors where people came in to bet on horse races or play poker. They were called "poolrooms" because everything involved a "pool" of money.

While people sat around the pool room and waited on results, they installed pocket billiard tables. People of course began to gamble on these too. Therefore, the name "pool" became attached to billiards simply because of the betting, and it has nothing to do with actually playing the game. When people say something like "Hey, want to play some pool" we all know that they are referring to billiards, but technically they are asking you if you want to play a bet."

Clear as mud, eh? This is way more that you really wanted to know, right?

Yes way more! Lol!:)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, we were there almost four hours! I ate too much spent more, and it was hot! Sunburned too:(

Not one thing to buy the ipads either.:( Perhaps next year.

Most reactions

Latest posts