What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for contact app that will sync with windows PC.

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a iPad app that will sync with something other than Outlook on my PC, I don't use outlook. Or something for the PC that will sync with my iPad contacts.

Any suggestions ......free or cheap would be best and nothing over $10.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Set up a GMail account instead. Then look for computer apps that will let you access your GMail account. There are lots of them. GMail can also handle redirects from many other email services, so you don't have to abandon your old account.

You can use the standard apps on the iPad with Gmail. Mail, Calendar, and Contacts all work quite well. You set up that account as an Exchange server. Instructions below:

Google Mail as Exchange
Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help

If you want multiple calendars be sure to check out the last link of the instructions.

There are also a few other apps you can get from the App Store if you decide you want something other than the iPad's default apps.

Overall this will give you far more flexibility that trying to find a combination of Windows and iPad apps that work directly together.

You'll have to ask others, or do your own research to find the best Windows app. I don't use it. In the mean time you can access all you Google mail, contacts, and calendars from a pretty decent web interface.

P.S. you don't have to use all the GMail services. Each can be individually turned off in the account settings on your iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts