What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with choosing a word processor

Jjj651

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to college soon and I would really like to type and/or edit documents on my iPad at school. I am a windows user and not Mac. Right now I can't choose which word processing app to choose from. I'm stuck between pages, office 2 and quick office. Can people who have used one or all of these apps tell me which one they think is best? I know that these apps are still fairly new and still have a lot to be added on but could you guys also tell me which one has the most promise?

Thanks a lot

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have pages which is similar to a form of word lite. You can format, add chart symbols, and bullet points. It works pretty good, but I never tried the other two that you mentioned.

OP
J

Jjj651

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read reviews on websites and on the app store for these apps and they all kinda favor the other 2 processors rather than pages. At the same time I feel like pages will be better than the rest one day because it is made by apple and I don't see why they won't make the best one.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've read reviews on websites and on the app store for these apps and they all kinda favor the other 2 processors rather than pages. At the same time I feel like pages will be better than the rest one day because it is made by apple and I don't see why they won't make the best one.

Please keep in mind reviews can be subjective. Sometimes they have just tried it long enough to see how it works. Those of us that are answering have been using it a lot. That can make a difference.

Patspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Quickoffice for a week now and really like it and it's only fifteen bucks.

OP
J

Jjj651

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh so many different ones to choose from

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A slight stray from the topic strictly speaking, but if youre going to be typing a lot I feel I should say how utterly brilliant the apple Bluetooth keyboard is as well. There are other, cheaper, Bluetooth keyboards available, but I doubt theyre as pretty or feel as nice!

The separate keyboard and dock is the more expensive option, but it is undoubtably more flexible than the keyboard-dock, and arguably suits the nature of the iPad better when it comes to crashing out on the sofa.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought Pages for my iPad.

Earlier this week, I bought a MacBook (I'm new to Macs!) so I can develop software for my iPad. The Mac has also Pages, so I thought it would be good to be able to use the same word processor on my new Mac and my iPad. I looked at iPad Pages about an hour ago, just after downloading it, and it looks pretty good. It should work very well with my keyboard dock for my iPad.

Dar

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I just bought Pages for my iPad.

Earlier this week, I bought a MacBook (I'm new to Macs!) so I can develop software for my iPad. The Mac has also Pages, so I thought it would be good to be able to use the same word processor on my new Mac and my iPad. I looked at iPad Pages about an hour ago, just after downloading it, and it looks pretty good. It should work very well with my keyboard dock for my iPad.

Dar

I think you'll really like Pages. I use it for working on my book and love the feel of it. Seems much more natural to work with than Word.

Most reactions