What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

advice needed

suzililley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a personal trainer and have bought the ipad to have all my training programs for my clients in one place however, I can't seem to find an app that will let me do this. I bought Quick office which is ok but limits thing. I need an app that allows me to create training programs in a table. I previously had all my programs in microsoft word but the word on quick office doesn't allow you to create tables. Also, the excel spreadsheet is not working as I need to write quite a bit of information in one cell. Excel is much better for data, not what I need.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nremondelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suzililley said:
Hi,

I am a personal trainer and have bought the ipad to have all my training programs for my clients in one place however, I can't seem to find an app that will let me do this. I bought Quick office which is ok but limits thing. I need an app that allows me to create training programs in a table. I previously had all my programs in microsoft word but the word on quick office doesn't allow you to create tables. Also, the excel spreadsheet is not working as I need to write quite a bit of information in one cell. Excel is much better for data, not what I need.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Have you looked into Apple's Numbers?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I made a quick trial spreadsheet in Numbers, just for the exercise (pun intended).

You can add multiple tables, pictures, shapes, and text fields to each sheet.
Once you have a sheet you want, duplicate it in a new tab.
Tabs can be renamed and rearranged.
Scroll the tabs left and right to find the sheet you want.

Of course, if you have hundreds of clients this could be less than ideal. But it would work quite nicely for a couple dozen. You could also create multiple Numbers documents to keep clients categorized, and reduce the number you have to scroll through.

Here is a screen shot of my quick (took about half an hour) sample. Hold in mind I don't use numbers a lot, so I'm not exactly speedy, and I had to experiment a bit to find the settings I wanted.

twerppoet-albums-app-screen-shots-picture167-photo.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Eh, and after all that work (play actually) I realized you were talking about training programs, not a client database. So maybe you don't have to enter data on the iPad. If not, have you considered taking the training programs you already have, converting them to PDFs, and then loading them on the iPad in something like GoodReader.

As long as they don't need updating very often this would probably be your best, most flexible, solution. You could design the programs in pretty much any software you like.

Of course if you have access to a Mac, Pages and Pages would make a killer combo.

Most reactions

Latest posts