What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can see my iPad addiction getting expensive!

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my first Kindle book today. I've downloaded free ones to try but soon became a little frustrated with the selection. Downloaded a few apps but have decided not to "repeat" what is on my fully loaded iTouch except for Scrabble and Shanghai Mahjong which really needed the larger platform. There is a free Mahjong (iMahjong) which isn't bad for the iPad but the difference in quality with the paid one was worth it. Just wish we could get a better selection of books in Canada for iBooks. Hopefully the situation will be resolved soon.

I have to keep remembering I'm on a retirement pension!

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello holly I know just what you mean, I'm always looking In the iBook store and app store I have to just resist and hit the home button haha.

Tablet Junkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iPad can be hard on the wallet, but I just love buying music and apps - time to increase my credit limit. :)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my first Kindle book today. I've downloaded free ones to try but soon became a little frustrated with the selection. Downloaded a few apps but have decided not to "repeat" what is on my fully loaded iTouch except for Scrabble and Shanghai Mahjong which really needed the larger platform. There is a free Mahjong (iMahjong) which isn't bad for the iPad but the difference in quality with the paid one was worth it. Just wish we could get a better selection of books in Canada for iBooks. Hopefully the situation will be resolved soon.

Me too! I am so bad that I've started cutting back on groceries during my weekly shopping so that I can make sure to afford to throw an iTunes card into the cart! LOL

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought 170 Amazon Kindle titles since that reader was introduced. Now I can get them all on my ipad, and thankfully not all at once!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dont like to buy music through iTunes or any online store really. I prefer the old fashioned CD that I rip myself and keep the original for archive and the artwork. I get a lot of my music used on Amazon - very cheap and you get physical media.

Ebooks and apps on the other hand, will be a lot more of a temptation.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There is talk again for the Canadian government to pass a modification to our Copyright Act. This law should be modified today. Apple might want to wait for this law to pass before allowing a full iBooks relase.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I look at every single app that is released every single day, so I completely understand. Hell I wasted 30 bucks on the iWorks apps only to find out that Documents to Go is better. :(

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I completely understand Holly :D

After 2 months I am good on accessory's... really don't need or even want anything else...

But those dang apps are like impulse buys at the check out line... You think, heck $.99, not even a full buck... that's nothing... but 4 of those, a $1.99 or 2....or 3 .... well you know...

I have officially put the hammer down on myself... no more apps for a month... and after that a $10 a month app limit.....

Lord give me strength :D

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck, I think I have spent like 300 bucks on apps so far. Not to mention an 80 dollar BT keyboard, two cases (for different uses), a new bag and I'm sure I'm missing stuff.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont like to buy music through iTunes or any online store really. I prefer the old fashioned CD that I rip myself and keep the original for archive and the artwork. I get a lot of my music used on Amazon - very cheap and you get physical media.

Ebooks and apps on the other hand, will be a lot more of a temptation.

I buy a lot of CDs, but there are many more times where there is only one song I want or like, and the CD would basically be a waste of money. For that I use iTunes, so between music, books, and mostly apps, I spend. A lot!

I made the mistake of adding up my app store purchases from day one of the app store up til the day I got my iPad, and I was shocked to see it was $900.

Most reactions

Latest posts