1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I can see my iPad addiction getting expensive!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Holly, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Holly

Holly iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Bought my first Kindle book today. I've downloaded free ones to try but soon became a little frustrated with the selection. Downloaded a few apps but have decided not to "repeat" what is on my fully loaded iTouch except for Scrabble and Shanghai Mahjong which really needed the larger platform. There is a free Mahjong (iMahjong) which isn't bad for the iPad but the difference in quality with the paid one was worth it. Just wish we could get a better selection of books in Canada for iBooks. Hopefully the situation will be resolved soon.

I have to keep remembering I'm on a retirement pension!
  2. Dav

Dav iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello holly I know just what you mean, I'm always looking In the iBook store and app store I have to just resist and hit the home button haha.
  3. Tablet Junkie

Tablet Junkie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    An iPad can be hard on the wallet, but I just love buying music and apps - time to increase my credit limit. :)
  4. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Me too! I am so bad that I've started cutting back on groceries during my weekly shopping so that I can make sure to afford to throw an iTunes card into the cart! LOL
  5. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I bought 170 Amazon Kindle titles since that reader was introduced. Now I can get them all on my ipad, and thankfully not all at once!
  6. Saundman

Saundman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You should try MoonLight Mahjong in virtual 3D on the iPad :D
  7. pallentx

pallentx iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I dont like to buy music through iTunes or any online store really. I prefer the old fashioned CD that I rip myself and keep the original for archive and the artwork. I get a lot of my music used on Amazon - very cheap and you get physical media.

Ebooks and apps on the other hand, will be a lot more of a temptation.
  8. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    There is talk again for the Canadian government to pass a modification to our Copyright Act. This law should be modified today. Apple might want to wait for this law to pass before allowing a full iBooks relase.
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I look at every single app that is released every single day, so I completely understand. Hell I wasted 30 bucks on the iWorks apps only to find out that Documents to Go is better. :(
  10. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I completely understand Holly :D

After 2 months I am good on accessory's... really don't need or even want anything else...

But those dang apps are like impulse buys at the check out line... You think, heck $.99, not even a full buck... that's nothing... but 4 of those, a $1.99 or 2....or 3 .... well you know...

I have officially put the hammer down on myself... no more apps for a month... and after that a $10 a month app limit.....

Lord give me strength :D
  11. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good luck, I think I have spent like 300 bucks on apps so far. Not to mention an 80 dollar BT keyboard, two cases (for different uses), a new bag and I'm sure I'm missing stuff.
  12. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    :eek: !!! but, hey.... there are worse addictions :D
  13. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Very true. But they add up pretty quick.
  14. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I buy a lot of CDs, but there are many more times where there is only one song I want or like, and the CD would basically be a waste of money. For that I use iTunes, so between music, books, and mostly apps, I spend. A lot!

I made the mistake of adding up my app store purchases from day one of the app store up til the day I got my iPad, and I was shocked to see it was $900.
  15. pallentx

pallentx iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Seek help while you still can :D
  16. henry2

henry2 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    my crediit card bill for the month of april was just over $.2100.oo dolllars all of the bill was ipad accessories and applications and music

a lot of the applications i bought where games like chess and checker and board games and poker games and slots and blackjack card game and few other card games and i downloaded a lot of music i like... for i found in itunes a lot of music i had been looking for single songs and i went a little nuts in the fact that i was had spent over $.500.oo dollars on songs alone plus a few application like dvd library and book library and pantry library ..along with a lot of travel applications for my phone since it became a phone again basically for working back east in the bigger citys like new york or boston or dc area i got the town travel guides for the places .

for i only use one padded sleeve for travel in the bag and a hard rubber rear cover by cimo and a sling bag by kensington as my travel bags along with new earphones and screen cleaning cloth and a combo dual power charger unit that can charge from a 12.volt plug in lighter or a 110.volt plug in with a folding prongs set up unit ..
  17. henry2

henry2 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0

my other hobbys is mini palma 200 meter outdoor rifle shooting and 10 meter indoor air rifle brenchrest both are my worst hobbys for me :D because i love the change of the sport ..one for summer time and one for winter time..plus i shoot IPDA with my pistol for my personal protection skills set to keep them sharp as it need ....

the mini palma rifle shooting is done with a Walther KK300 rifle and the target starts at 100 yards then moves out to 150 yards and the final prostion is done at 200 yards ..it all done with a match 22.lr rimfire rifle

when it comes to the sport it little like race cars everyone has there own ideas to comes to winning ..
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  18. yvrgal

yvrgal iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like this iPad addiction better than anything else.

I must have spent over a thousand dollars already with apps and accessories.
  19. skipper

skipper iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also no what you mean. I brought a £15 itunes voucher and it went in the same day. It was the first time ive ever brought one though :p.

What you should be able to do is whenver its voucher or credit card is to put a limit on a day or week or month. Also if you buy say a £15 itunes voucher you should be able to put in how mych that day or month you want to use on the voucher.

Also as Bremen says at least you got something to show for what you have spent.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  20. DaveC6

DaveC6 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like I need to invent an Addiction App. I'll call it AA and charge $14.99. Should make a killing. :D